Michael Chiesa willing to step in to fight Tony or Khabib

Chiesa vs Khabib would be interesting since they are both big LW (Chiesa is a huge LW, looks like death at the weigh ins) with great grappling and shit stand up. Also Chiesa is durable as fuck, can take a lot of punishment, while Khabib is still untested in that regard.

Chiesa is the dark horse of the top LWs. I'd love to see him fight any of the best. If he doesn't get Khabib or Tony (he shouldn't), maybe he can fight Eddie or RDA.

I hope they just pay Ferguson and the fight is made. I also don't know what Ferguson is asking for but I hope it's reasonable. Everyone wants a better deal now but even though the UFC is paying some guys more they are still stingy and willing to mess up fights to prove a point. They are only going to pay the select few. Khabib may have gotten a better deal but he is unique because he can be seen as a bridge to getting into the Russian market. Khabib could do a huge gate in Russia.

Chiesa can fight Aldo for the interim interim belt (paper interim belt, let's be honest) while Khabib and Tony fight for the real interim belt.

As if we didn't have a dozen fighters fucking it up already

Last edited:
Chiesa is one of my favorite LWs, but I was a little glad when he pulled out against Tony because Ferguson would have murdered him.

I think Eddie would be the easiest top guy for him.

big fan if chiesa- his attitude and grit are awesome. makes sense to always have a name waiting in case of a pullout. they should do that for every big fight.

raw

Holy shit chiesa is 14-2 and on a 3 fight win streak i laughed at first but thats a legitimate offer i had no idea he was stilll in the mix, good for him!!

I like Chiesa vs Khabib in Russia. Ferguson vs Conor in May.

Back