Michael Chiesa releases statement on Kevin Lee scuffle

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

“First and foremost, sorry to my friends, family, the UFC, my team for reacting the way I did. I pride myself on having very good temperament, I don’t ever get upset about anything. Nobody ever gets under my skin, but I can’t help it if someone talks about my mom. You’re gonna draw some emotion out of me, and that’s what happened. I let my emotions get the best of me. Won’t happen again, but in terms of another man talking about someone’s family. We’re out trying to promote fights, we’re out trying to bicker at each other back and forth and get some buzz going about our fights, and that guy wants to take it so far as to bring my mom into it. It’s very classless, that’s very low, and the best part is that in 44 days we get to fight about it. So, I’m going to focus on my training, I’m already in good shape, I’m gonna just keep do what I’m doing, and I’ll get my revenge in 44 days. If that cheap shot he landed on me is any indication of anything he’s in deep shit so…I mean I’m still ugly as fuck, but as I had 2 guys holding me back, he landed one nice flush cheap shot and safe to say that guy couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag…”

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nobody ever gets under my skin"

giphy.gif

Can't wait until Chiesa end Lees career.

I don't classify that as a "cheap shot"

He came full force at him and got caught.

did't even insult his mum tho, my sherdog psychology degree tells me that Mav clearly has an Oedipus complex

Chiesa is the dark horse of the division. I've always felt he's underrated, but Lee is hungry to make a name for himself. Its going to be a helluva fight. Both guys can grapple and have good striking.

Also, if you step to someone looking to fight, dont get suckerpunched.

Chiesa acted like a baby. Glad he got punched.

I'm not saying he'll win, but a lot of people are seriously writing off Michael Chiesa. The dude is a bad individual. He's fucking enormous for 155lbs, and his grappling is disgusting - submitting Beneil Dariush is fucking incredible.

UFC probably hands out press conference bonuses.

I'm not saying he'll win, but a lot of people are seriously writing off Michael Chiesa. The dude is a bad individual. He's fucking enormous for 155lbs, and his grappling is disgusting - submitting Beneil Dariush is fucking incredible.
Chiesa grappling is amazing to watch unfortunately his takedown are average

Chiesa seems to be the person most people are picking

michael-chiesa-ufc-fight-night-65-qa.jpg

“First and foremost, sorry to my friends, family, the UFC, my team for reacting the way I did. I pride myself on having very good temperament, I don’t ever get upset about anything. Nobody ever gets under my skin, but I can’t help it if someone talks about my mom. You’re gonna draw some emotion out of me, and that’s what happened. I let my emotions get the best of me. Won’t happen again, but in terms of another man talking about someone’s family. We’re out trying to promote fights, we’re out trying to bicker at each other back and forth and get some buzz going about our fights, and that guy wants to take it so far as to bring my mom into it. It’s very classless, that’s very low, and the best part is that in 44 days we get to fight about it. So, I’m going to focus on my training, I’m already in good shape, I’m gonna just keep do what I’m doing, and I’ll get my revenge in 44 days. If that cheap shot he landed on me is any indication of anything he’s in deep shit so…I mean I’m still ugly as fuck, but as I had 2 guys holding me back, he landed one nice flush cheap shot and safe to say that guy couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag…”

Shut da f*k up Mike, you saw what went down backstage with DC & Jones and saw your own opportunity to use the "Your mama" talk to get a little hype for the fight, I ain't hating in some ways I'm appreciating. But to come out with this bullsh!t statement after is weak sauce man.

Leave people thinking you still burning and wanting to put a foot in his ass, now you just come off like a sad repentant politician.

Back