Media Michael Chandler on Charles' toughness : 'You can't teach quit & 'not quit'. It's part of your DNA'

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"I think Charles has evolved a lot since we've seen him had some of those performances, but that [quit] is in there. You can't teach quit and you can't teach 'not quit.' It's part of your DNA. You can get better at it, but that breaking point is still in there. I believe it's not in me. I believe it remains to be seen if it is, because I've been in now hundreds of wrestling matches and now 27 fights and I haven't gotten to that point, some tough tough fights."

"..At some point, there's going to be a moment where he gets to choose, do I keep moving forward or do I just say fighting for the title was enough for me. I don't need to be champion. For me, that moment will never come."

I am of the trevor wittman belief, every man is breakable. Everyone. Some just have a higher threshold for a breaking point.

Last edited:
23a634830d173a796c6d15b8106d53eb.gif

Reminds me of when Bader called Rumble a quitter before they fought and labeled him "crumble".
the fact he thinks people quit at the tip of of what they do for a living tells me he's already looking past him, because that's just illogical

Pay me 20k and I'll fight til I die, get knocked out, or chocked out. Multiplyy that by 10-30x as much and add a belt in the best organization in the world, and you'll see anyone get down and dirty

the fact he thinks people quit at the tip of of what they do for a living tells me he's already looking past him, because that's just illogical

Pay me 20k and I'll fight til I die, get knocked out, or chocked out. Multiplyy that by 10-30x as much and add a belt in the best organization in the world, and you'll see anyone get down and dirty
You say that, everybody does. Until you’ve been pushed to your absolute breaking point and soldiered on though, you don’t really know.

The majority of people are broken relatively easy.

As a former athlete myself, I’ve been there before and despite being pretty mentally strong, I just know being pounded on by a trained cage fighter would break me as it would break 99.99% of sherdog because unless it was against CM Punk, we would all get murdered.

Last edited:
Ah but with commitment comes different tolerances...

<seedat>

i hope mike "capernicus" chandlar enoys his slice of humble pie on fight night

I get what Chandler is saying, and that is an advantage he'll have against Charles. No way would Do Bronx be involved in a Chandler/Alvarez type war.

I just wanna say...I do not think Chandler should have got a title-shot in the 155lb division (the TOUGHEST) after ONE frigging UFC fight. I do not care what he did in Bellator.

It's too soon. And i'm not saying he cannot win...he may WELL win. But there's people (like Oliveira) who grinded for YEARS to get a title-shot and Mikey Chandler just waltzes in there after one KO victory. Just rubs me up the wrong way. 3 fights, 3 subs or KOs.....SURE THING. get a title shot.

But ONE? It's just UFC favoritism again and again.
I really hope Charles wins. And by stoppage. Put Chandler to the back of the queue.

don't @ me bros, just my viewpoint. don't care if you agree or disagree. It's just too soon for him to get this opportunity, irrespective if wins or loses on Saturday, it was STILL too soon.

Last edited:
Back