• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Michael Chandler comments on the cancellation of the Conor fight.

Weird take but maybe this is Chandler's retirement fight and he wanted to ride into the sunset with a huge payday and big exposure?

I have no basis for this but it's an interesting thought.

I think hes being more selective now the title dream is over. A Conor fight is probably worth 3-4 normal fights.

tyson-jones.gif

UFC 500 <lmao>

nice counter, that taller guy was a dick head, even grabbed a weapon

glad he got knocked out

Dang, I am missing one guy who cheats constantly fight another guy who cheats constantly.

He'll pick himself up by the bootstraps I guarantee it.

In all seriousness I've really come to like Chandler. He's corny but he's authentically so. Can't wait to see him do backflips over Conor's waking corpse.

Last edited:
Chandler probably wants to say alot more, but knows he needs to keep his head down to seal this fight finally. I don't blame the guy. I think he deserves the red panty night more than all of Conor's opponents because of the wait.

Sucks for Chandler. He's not a young guy. He's waited a long time for this payday, and wasted a year and half of his limited fighting career. Hope at least he kept the receipt for his red panty so he can return it and get some money back

Thing is, there's no winning for Chandler.

Plenty of us Sherdoggers would have been screaming at Chandler for wasting so much of his career on such a fool's errand - but if you're his manager or family, you're really wanting that pay day, and to tell him to go make himself 'just another lightweight' means he almost certainly misses out.

I still think he should have stayed active, though, and further cemented his reputation as one of the most exciting (boom or bust) lightweights out there.

If he's financially set and he really just wants a win over Conor then he can do whatever the fck he wants.

I hope he's financially stable because he can't be complaining about money when he could have been taking fights the last couple years.

If he just took Conors words the last couple years about a fight then he's an idiot. I'm just a fan and had a very good feeling about Conor not fighting again lol

Thing is, there's no winning for Chandler.

Plenty of us Sherdoggers would have been screaming at Chandler for wasting so much of his career on such a fool's errand - but if you're his manager or family, you're really wanting that pay day, and to tell him to go make himself 'just another lightweight' means he almost certainly misses out.

I still think he should have stayed active, though, and further cemented his reputation as one of the most exciting (boom or bust) lightweights out there.
Yes but counting on Conor who is now an addict, has been out for years due to a brutal injury, has barely fought in the past couple of years and is borderline insane, to make it a fight? That's kinda dumb.

Yes but counting on Conor who is now an addict, has been out for years due to a brutal injury, has barely fought in the past couple of years and is borderline insane, to make it a fight? That's kinda dumb.

It's dumb for sure, but they're kinda painted into a corner lol

They should never have started talking about this stupid fight in the first place, but then I'm gonna guess Chandler was retirement ready or something?

It's dumb for sure, but they're kinda painted into a corner lol

They should never have started talking about this stupid fight in the first place, but then I'm gonna guess Chandler was retirement ready or something?
Conor tweets about every relevant lightweight after they fight and I think Chandler took it a little too seriously.
Like Chandler does nothing for Conor because he is not too big a name and beating him is not giving anyone a title shot. Like if Conor suddenly decides to fight Tony Ferguson tomorrow, the UFC is going to accept and there isn't anything Chandler can do.
Too big of a negotiating power discrepancy and the the A side is a lunatic.

Not sure why everyone rags on Chandler for waiting this out. He's already set financially for a long time. He's taking zero abuse on his noggin for the last 2 years and when(if) the Conor fight does happen he will have generational wealth. Something that fighting 3 or 4 times in previous 16 months wouldn't have provided.

He got paid for TUF, makes money on socials and gets to spend plenty of time with his family.

He wasn't in any sort of legitimate title contention.

Plus startching Conor is quite the legacy feather in the non-culturally appropriated hat.

Back