Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn that sucks man! I'm totally digging the yellow/black too! I wanna get a pair of gold/grey Campeon and eventually a pair of Zepol, probably orange/black.

I think the last thing he needs to hear is "you should have done this instead" guys...we were all excited with him talking about yellow and black when he ordered them so let's stick with him going forward.

Maybe you can get a big discount for this (unless they told you about this in advance) or find out if another shade of yellow is available...juan will help you in this regard I'm sure.

I think the last thing he needs to hear is "you should have done this instead" guys...we were all excited with him talking about yellow and black when he ordered them so let's stick with him going forward.

Maybe you can get a big discount for this (unless they told you about this in advance) or find out if another shade of yellow is available...juan will help you in this regard I'm sure.

Haha, thanks! I was not made aware that this yellow would have issues but unfortunately I wasn't offered any discount either. Juan has given me the option of a full refund or to wait for another glove.

I wanted yellow gloves so no, I shouldn't not have gotten gold =P and Cletos are a bit too big in the pocket for me. Will likely go with another shade of yellow or maybe switch to Boxeo or Campeon.

Haha, thanks! I was not made aware that this yellow would have issues but unfortunately I wasn't offered any discount either. Juan has given me the option of a full refund or to wait for another glove.

I wanted yellow gloves so no, I shouldn't not have gotten gold =P and Cletos are a bit too big in the pocket for me. Will likely go with another shade of yellow or maybe switch to Boxeo or Campeon.

Were you looking for them to be sparring gloves?

Were you looking for them to be sparring gloves?

Yup, looking for a pair of compact but still protective sparring gloves. I was considering Boxeo after reading your posts but I'm afraid that the wrist padding might be too good. I need some give in the wrist for clinch work and take-downs.

Damn, I ordered before you did 72 and I STILL haven't gotten mine!

Yup, looking for a pair of compact but still protective sparring gloves. I was considering Boxeo after reading your posts but I'm afraid that the wrist padding might be too good. I need some give in the wrist for clinch work and take-downs.

So far I love the wrist support on mine, I went with the hybrid and detached thumbs for MT sparring so I just use my Winning for straight boxing. I plan on getting a pair of Campeon and eventually Zepol as well. The padding in the Boxeo is hands down top notch in my opinion, I was soooooo surprised they are so protective on the bag and after sparring with them yesterday my friend was asking where he could get a pair haha.

Boxeo is the best for clinchwork because the foam on the wrist is soft and you can flex your wrist easily. It doesn't connect with the hand and wrist. Campeon's on the other hand are stiff and unbendable.

Got some bad news from Juan today :icon_sad: Zepol finished making my gloves but there seem to be some defects.

320811_10152214202150110_1121752898_n.jpg

282268_10152214202145110_479182850_n.jpg

Zepol's explanation for this is that this shade of yellow will tend to crack. Juan has given me a number of options. Going to have to see where we go from here.
My Zepol's (the bronze ones) began cracking/peeling as soon as I started hitting the bag. The gloves are just not that high quality.

it's funny my zepols were given to one of our ammys and that glove is still in really good condition. No cracks that look like that. Bummer. They're also gold and black.

Shiiit I'm not sure I wanna get a pair of Zepol then haha. If the leather cracks easily I may just get an orange/black pair of Boxeo because I'm so pleased with mine.

I love my Winning gloves, easily my go to pair but fuck man.. the past few days of using my Boxeo, those are some bad ass gloves for sure! I just love the feel of em, it's just something about a custom made pair of Mexican gloves that you don't have in a pair of Winning's.

My Zepol's (the bronze ones) began cracking/peeling as soon as I started hitting the bag. The gloves are just not that high quality.

Hi ALL

It is not the leather which crack, it is the paint, if the leather cracks then you can see the padd, Zepol regularly use leather with paint that not crack but since I ask for "weird" colors he ask for them and seems don

Yeah once Juan hooks me up with my order I plan on doing a review of my Zepol's. I hope mine come with 0 defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back