Metal Heads introduce me to more

If you like black metal, check these guys out. Not the typical vocalist, but he is amazing. You don't usually hear clean vocals and black metal together.

One of the most original metal bands I've heard, their sound is not typical of many metal bands.

never even listed what groups you've listened to, so instead of posting some obscure AF band, here's some basics:

SLAYER
Hell Awaits live

Overkill
Deny the cross

Suicidal Tendencies
Controlled by Hatred

Sepultura
Arise

Exodus
Bonded by Blood

Fear Factory
Demanufacture

Not strictly metal but these guys are awesome.

Acid Bath, obviously......

4e849895de3241dea3c21d5de834b5f6.jpg
Acid_Bath_-_When_The_Kite_String_Pops.jpg

The lead singer kind of sucks but Megasus is one of my fave Doom Metal bands. Get shreds.

Though I'd classify them as Rock

He Is Legend. Very underrated band

One of the most original metal bands I've heard, their sound is not typical of many metal bands.

you should have posted alone. that's my favorite song off the album, anyway.

I love metal, classic rock and basically everything rock 'n roll.
And I'm always looking to discover more good stuff and add to my playlist. Can someone help me out? Tell me some of your favorie bands and / or songs.
I'll look it up and check it out.
Pantera..but you already know this.

Yeah I like to hear vocals I can understand
Listen to "Damnation" by Opeth, move onto "Fear of a Blank Planet", "In Absentia" and "Deadwing" by Porcupine Tree and then go try out "Still Life" or "Blackwater Park" by Opeth. Then we'll see what you think about extreme metal vocals. Don't just listen to each album once, stick with each for about a week.

Back