Metal Heads are the New Hipsters

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I work with a bunch of Metal heads and they be serious about they metal. Like they get mad if you confuse one style with another and stuff. But I didnt know there was 100 different kinds like thrash,hair,death,etc.. Its all just rock and roll to me.

But after talking to them I realize they the new hipsters. With Rap taking over sales and radio, they become more underground and harder to find and metal head follow them hardcore and srs. Anyone else notice this.

I agree to an extent but i think more than others the rocker community is filled with die hard fans that take it to heart and are walking encyclopedias when it comes to their music.

That being said i recently stumbled on this video that totally reinforces what you are saying.

Rockers ( and athletes) with beards are the last bastion we have to connect facial hair with masculinity! So when i saw this video i was in complete disbelief at how much of a cuck lord this dude sounds like while critiquing bands he doesn't like. So if your friends sound like this va-guy-na over here then yea....i agree.

Which styles do they prefer?

One is a punk guy,a few Iron Madian alot and that type stuff, one was telling me about some ned flanders band Oalky dookly and that type stuff. no deathcore? or sweden black? guys though.

One is a punk guy,a few Iron Madian alot and that type stuff, one was telling me about some ned flanders band Oalky dookly and that type stuff. no deathcore? or sweden black? guys though.

I ask because those many genres attract an overlapping, yet different crowd.

I ask because those many genres attract an overlapping, yet different crowd.

oh no. that is the thing i can respect. They ALL like their own style but can tell me about all the others bands from different gens and can break them down too. Like EL said they know they shit

Naw brah we did it before it was cool/kvlt etc.

oh no. that is the thing i can respect. They ALL like their own style but can tell me about all the others bands from different gens and can break them down too. Like EL said they know they shit

Cool. So what makes them all hipsters and is it all equal?

Cool. So what makes them all hipsters and is it all equal?

Naw it aint all equal. 2 of them say Trash Metal is the GOAT and one says Punk cause Trash had big market they made them money and sellouts.

they act like the craft beer drinkers 4 yrs ago. They are all cool people but some know too much and get offend when others make small mistakes by not knowing as much as they. But mainly how srs they take their music and the fact their music is underground now and not mainstream.

Last edited:
metal is garbage
giphy.gif

Heavy Metal is the greatest genre of music I have ever listened to.

I work with a bunch of Metal heads and they be serious about they metal. Like they get mad if you confuse one style with another and stuff. But I didnt know there was 100 different kinds like thrash,hair,death,etc.. Its all just rock and roll to me.

But after talking to them I realize they the new hipsters. With Rap taking over sales and radio, they become more underground and harder to find and metal head follow them hardcore and srs. Anyone else notice this.
This has always been the case with Heavy Metal. While many genres come and go Heavy Metal will keep on trudging along. It is one of the few genres of music where it has a very loyal and dedicated fan base.

I agree to an extent but i think more than others the rocker community is filled with die hard fans that take it to heart and are walking encyclopedias when it comes to their music.

That being said i recently stumbled on this video that totally reinforces what you are saying.

Rockers ( and athletes) with beards are the last bastion we have to connect facial hair with masculinity! So when i saw this video i was in complete disbelief at how much of a cuck lord this dude sounds like while critiquing bands he doesn't like. So if your friends sound like this va-guy-na over here then yea....i agree.

I dont quite understand what you are getting at with the rockers and athletes with beards and masculinity comment. What does this mean

Naw it aint all equal. 2 of them say Trash Metal is the GOAT and one says Punk cause Trash had big market they made them money and sellouts.

they act like the craft beer drinkers 4 yrs ago. They are all cool people but some know too much and get offend when others small mistakes by not knowing as much as they. But mainly how srs they take their music and the fact their music is underground now and not mainstream.

Thanks. You European?

i don't like metal per se, but i like certain artists/vocalists mainly due to the singing. I actually really like the glam/hair metal period b/c of this, despite most people hating now. Monster Ballads was my ish in HS

even though they weren't metal but indie rock, i liked prime Used b/c the Burt dude was legit before his voice started getting crazy it reminded me of that era, flame on i don't care.

i don't think it's hipster either, it's just when people like something that's kinda niche, they tend to get more into it or learn more about it

like imagine watching MMA w/ total noobs and you have to explain it like cmon son.

Metal heads are not hipsters bro they’re metal heads

when i was in college, my car radio got stolen. Only problem was the CD player was broken and wouldn't eject, so they got a free copy of Great Southern Trendkill

in San Diego, i doubt that was the ideal listening demographic for the likely thief hahaha

Back