Metal Earth or Model builders?

EvilDDS

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Recently did a Metal Earth model build of the Millennium Falcon! Damn it was pretty tough, took me several hours, I was cursing throughout the whole process.

These are flat metal sheets that you cut out and have to bend, definitely takes patience

But.....when I was done, I wanted to do another!

Anyone among the sherdog elite like to put together models?

Here’s the Falcon I built, and yep that’s an old Pac-Man in the background, still works and is awesome!

477880_A2_2_B7_D_4739_B637_86_B11_F0_E7_A8_C.jpg

I had a model building elective in middle school. I never got to painting because of how tedious and difficult it is. After my second mistake the model mysteriously combusts into flames.

The nanny was right.

It's all for me.

Recently did a Metal Earth model build of the Millennium Falcon! Damn it was pretty tough, took me several hours, I was cursing throughout the whole process.

These are flat metal sheets that you cut out and have to bend, definitely takes patience

Here’s the Falcon I built, and yep that’s an old Pac-Man in the background, still works and is awesome!

How hard was it compared to gunpla?

Do the pieces clip together or do they connect with pins or tabs?

Ready for the Kessel Run...

Do the pieces clip together or do they connect with pins or tabs?
They have little tabs, and you insert into other pieces and bend to keep them together. I had no clue what I was getting into, some one gave to me as a gift, so I grabbed the gf's tweezers and little scissors, and a little screw driver and went to town!

Here's a vid of this guy building

Never tried the metal ones.

I saw some nice cardboard/cardstock folding models of landmark buildings that I could be persuaded to buy.

Never tried the metal ones.

I saw some nice cardboard/cardstock folding models of landmark buildings that I could be persuaded to buy.
Buildings are always cool. Metal Earth does have some nice ones

s-l300.jpg

I'm itching to buy either diecast or plastic models of each car I owned in the same scale. I don't think they exist in Hot Wheels or Matchbox form.

Even with my progressive bifocals i find it harder doing precision tasks. I would have to do something on a larger scale.

A little folding paper model here was like $19.99! Expensive! Little as in could fit on your hand.

I would love to buy a desktop laser cutter so I could make the blanks to do stuff like that. I have a feeling I'd dump a few k into machines and not understand it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back