Met Tommy Morrison this weekend.

Ahee. GX

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Met Tommy Morrison this weekend. He was at a london show, signing autographs and talking pictures.
Being a fan since I was young, I took a picture and had a small chat with him.

He said he wont compete in MMA again, he did it as a favour for a friend and there is too much to learn to carry on. He would need 3-4 years to train to compete again in MMA and doesnt have that much time. Said he has to go with what he knows.

Said he should be fighting around May, but isnt sure, he might come to uk again and do a tour with a few show fights.

We spoke a bit about boxing politics, and gave me his email address and said we'll talk more there about it.

Said he's had 3 fights in his comeback and wants to carry on.

Then I said you gonna knock em out with your left hook. Which he smiled and said "I still got it baby"

Nice guy, down to earth and was great to meet him.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing

lol, no just sunglasses.

I would love to see him fight Kimbo. But obviously that wont happen. All boxing fans know how that will end if the fight stays on the feet.

We all saw what happened in Rocky 5 during hte street fight scene...

it's cool that he was so down to earth. He does put on exciting fights and i'd like for that whole fucked up situation to get sorted out once and for all

Said he should be fighting around May, but isnt sure, he might come to uk again and do a tour with a few show fights.

We test over here as well, so it's a negative there too, Tommy. Something he doesn't hear too often by all accounts.

ESPN showed a replay of Lennox Lewis' domination over him.

he's going to have a hard time making a comeback with the HIV.

I would love to see him fight Kimbo. But obviously that wont happen. All boxing fans know how that will end if the fight stays on the feet.

Boxing with regular gloves with regular rules, yea, I'd take Morrison, I guess... He did have a penchant for getting his ass handed to him by guys who could punch, tho. I could easily see a Kimbo power shot taking Morrison out. In MMA striking, Morrison would get finished fast. He has no chin and is old now.

Morrison is a cool guy but cripe, anyone that is HIV+ shouldn't be allowed to fight and risk harm to others. I think Morrison fighting is a selfish act. That would be like me knowing I had AIDS but not telling my dates because I wear a condom.....

are he and Rocky Balboa teaming up again?

i like Morrison but i don't think he should be fighting

He was never the same after that gruelling street fight with Sylvester Stallone.

I hope when you shook his hand you were wearing latex gloves so you didn't get teh HIV.

Back