Met Cheick Kongo Yesterday

itsofficial

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had a lucky sequence of events the past couple days. A friend of my moms husband used to wrestle with one of Rampages sparring partners(Josh Hall), he was TUF when Rampage was coaching against Forrest. Since they're out in Denver training and getting used to the altitude for 135, they invited us to where their training at. Its an incredible facility. Basically a lounge looking room with tvs and couches, a huge weight lifting area, a cage and boxing ring, bedrooms, physical therapy rooms, an indoor running pool type thing, etc.. its was just amazing. I could have gotten lost.

When we first walked in, we were in the lounge area and I saw Tiki just chilling on the couch on his phone haha. Throughout the whole tour of the place I saw multiple sparring partners of Rampage, and a lot of the trainers from Wolfslair. When we get to the physical therapy/resting area, Josh Hall knocks on the door, and walks in with the door open. He says "whats up man", and I hear Rampage say "Yo whats up"... The door closed, and it ended up Rampage was sleeping before the next session., so we didn't meet him.

When we walked in the lounge area, where we started. I see Cheick Kongo just on his iPad, just hanging out haha. It was awesome.

Before we left we talked to Rampages boxing coach from Wolfslair, and another one of his sparring partners from Wolfslair. He asked if I was going to the fights on the 24th, and I told him I was. He said keep my hair the way it is, and if he sees me, he'll call me down haha.

It was such a sick experience. And Josh says that he'll set up another time before the 24th to sit down and chill with Rampage. So awesome.

100_0430-1.jpg

That's pretty cool TS I hope he didn't try to but you in the nuts

That's sick man, Kongo looks like a beast on TV bet he is quite intimidating in real life. Sucks you didn't get to see Rampage should've woke him up and been like JON JONES AINT SLEEPING!

Please be mean, Sherdog... Let today be amazing..

You should have awaken Rampage by screaming in his ear and then hide under the bed

yea lets make fun of how someone looks to show how mature we are

Haha hey, Im cool with all the hair jokes. Doesn't bother me. I just met Kongo yesterday ha

I was wondering if Kongo was training with Rampage. Rampage never seems to mention Kongo at all it seems like.

I immediately though of those movies when I saw your hair.

Thanks for sharing TS don't listen to these clowns cool to hear you got to meet some fighters.

By the way you guys are making fun of a kid? Pathetic.

Sounds like a fucking awesome day! Did u put on a cup before you met kongo

Haha hey, Im cool with all the hair jokes. Doesn't bother me. I just met Kongo yesterday ha

People are just jealous, that's an awesome hair style.
I'm looking forward to Kongo's next fight.

Seems that training center is really cool, did you take any pictures of the place ?

Thank GOD for Cheick Kongo, one of THE MOST OVERLOOKED factors in the Rampage-Bones fight. 6'4 with 82 in reach, awesome standup, IM SURE just kicking Rampage's ass everyday getting him ready...can't wait for Rampage to "SHOCK" (not to me) the MMA world as he wrecks Bones & forces his move to HW!

Back