Memory Lane...Guida was only 20 seconds away from taking Ortega's perfect record

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Then Guida had a brain fart and tried to head butt Ortega's damaged knee to render Ortega immobile

geico.jpg

No he wasn't.

The scorecards were released after the fight and Ortega would have won. From memory, two judges gave him the second. (If that was correct or not is a whole different thread entirely...)

Ortega loses all rounds in a lot of fights to then win. He's heavily overrated, but that will change soon.
Gratz to him, though.

Last edited:
Clay Guida is the most boring fighter to ever masquerade as an exciting fighter. I think he holds the record for most unnecessary head movement.

Who was winking that round tho? I know it doesn’t matter now but I feel like I remember guida winning that last round until the knee landed.

I remember Ortega coming out and pushing the pace at the start of the 3rd round and then really turning it up in the last minute. I think he was winning round three. I've slept and smoked copious amounts of weed since then though so I could be wrong.

Guida woulda lost.

Moicano woulda won tho I think both rds 1 and 2 were his

No he wasn't.
Oh really?

The scorecards were released after the fight and Ortega would have won. From memory, two judges gave him the second. (If that was correct or not is a whole different thread entirely...)

Because this

lol at you guys saying tcity was winning. he was getting lit the fuck up by those Joe and Mac caveman punches

The moicano fight is what I would consider him very close to losing

Why Clay Guida is still in the UFC is beyond me. He's bush league entertainment for drunk fans.

Clay Guida is the most boring fighter to ever masquerade as an exciting fighter. I think he holds the record for most unnecessary head movement.
He's fun when he gets his ass beat but somehow survives and he also burps a lot

I remember Guida beating Ortega to the punch in the first round, but in the second, Ortega picked up steam and started hurting Guida with an uppercut that almost landed at will. At most, Guida might have edged out the second, but the fight was starting to take a different turn. By the third, Guida was eating leather and Ortega was moving well.

I had Ortega loosing in my head at least

He went hunting for that knockout though I think he knew it aswell

lol at you guys saying tcity was winning. he was getting lit the fuck up by those Joe and Mac caveman punches
Two judges had it even and he was ahead in the third, so it even if it went the distance, Brian would have won.

Back