• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Meme Thread v.83: The Other Six Deadly Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.
87211621.jpg

Higher Quality:
~Video~

Lib "professor" has a meltdown when asked simple questions. Her eyes get all bug eyed like those psycho manipulators.

This sort of person can only exist in a bubble where their ideas are never challenged, because what they promote is insane, indefensible. Logically inconsistent and self contradicting.

07-Tra-s-06ja2fxz-08.jpg

07-Tra-s-ajx620fz-15.jpg

07-Tra-s-ajx620fz-11.jpg

s-026zxfaj-87.png

China bans Hollywood movie "Thor: Love and Thunder" because of LGBT characters.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...might-be-on-hold-over-lgbtq-scenes/ar-AAZskJ4

"Disney, however, has been refusing to edit its films for overseas markets for a while, meaning recent outings like "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness," as well as Pixar's "Lightyear," have been left off the release schedule in China and outright banned in other nations.

Really? That's interesting. I thought they were still making modified film cuts, taking black people off the Chinese promotional posters and shit. It's a whole meme template lost if that's the case, and good for them because nobody really needs the Chinese market anyway. Spiderman: NWH didn't ($1.9 billion), Top Gun doesn't ($1.2 billion so far) and neither will Thor (already far exceeded its budget and banked +$100 mil profit within three days of release).

"Disney, however, has been refusing to edit its films for overseas markets for a while, meaning recent outings like "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness," as well as Pixar's "Lightyear," have been left off the release schedule in China and outright banned in other nations.

Really? That's interesting. I thought they were still making modified film cuts, taking black people off the Chinese promotional posters and shit. It's a whole meme template lost if that's the case, and good for them because nobody really needs the Chinese market anyway. Spiderman: NWH didn't ($1.9 billion), Top Gun doesn't ($1.2 billion so far) and neither will Thor (already far exceeded its budget and banked +$100 mil profit within three days of release).

thing is, can we really afford a China that DOESN"T also dumb itself down by watching this drivel?

thing is, can we really afford a China that DOESN"T also dumb itself down by watching this drivel?

Maybe not, although most of the material that the Chinese film industry pumps out is dumb-downed fodder for the plebs itself. The biggest difference is that it has a patriotic flair that adheres to the Han supremacism of core contemporary CCP ideology. It's a stark contrast to the modern ID politics pledge and faux diversity-driven shithouse of Hollywood productions. People want the cartoonishly masculine, pro-American propaganda that it used to produce in the 20th century. :D

China also bans films for some real petty shit -- Spiderman didn't get a release because the studio refused to cut scenes that featured the Statue of Liberty. For Top Gun, an early Chinese investor had pulled out due to the perceived tone of American patriotism, then Bruckheimer and Cruise refused on caving to CCP demands to remove a shot featuring the Taiwanese flag. They could've done that and copped an extra $250-300 millon. They didn't, and it deserves respect if people are going to be mocking the cuckery otherwise.

The only thing that could make any of this possible is CAPITAL. An absolutely, gargantuan, ungodly fuckton of it. But Why.
the elite class of the United States (and not only) got really scared by the occupy wallstreet thing. that one was really, really close to home. so they spend the next decade making sure any revolt movement that rightfully points at them as culprits of societal harms, is incorporated under the identity politics umbrella. they probably give money equally to the groups that subordinated the tea party grassroots movement and to the ones that control the race/gender issues. my impression is that there is no grassroots civil movement in america anymore, everything is under corporate umbrella and control, corporate that gives you all the rainbows and trannies in every movie and fat women wearing bath suits that you want as long as there's zero talk of equitable economics, which there isn't. not in any meaningful way. you're more likely to hear putin or the taliban talk in congress than to have an honest talk about the massive, simply out of control separation that's going on between the ultra rich and the rest of the society.

the elites have won in a way that's unbelievable to me. absolute nuclear blast annihilation. they reached critical mass and there's zero way they could ever be accountable to anything, sovereign actors or else. the large societal groups are absolutely fragmented on ideological basis. the payment for apparent societal progress is entertainment and a sense of purpose which is derived from meaningless bickering over identity politics. it's what we do here everyday. if i owned sherdog, it's what i'd like to see - meaningless, endless bickering which drives traffic. if you owned a country, what would you like to see? well, similar stuff - meaningless bickering, encouragement for base needs - give them cheap food, entertainment, keep them dumb, make them pick a side, consume, consume, and never, under any circumstance, allow any form of higher purpose to form. control it through the politicians you buy, through the lobby groups that do your bidding, through the think tanks you control and sponsor, which host the people that regurgitate endlessly the messages you want, that went to the universities you endow and are taught by the teachers you sponsor, through the media you control and split in sides that both take money from you.

it's a farm, mate.

@ICHEERTHEBULL has some phenomenal Capitalist Pig memes that speak to this. Also lol @ "mate". I'm a rural farm boy from North Dakota (turned big city dweller)... but that shit actually entered my own lexicon once I started communicating with Brits and Australians on internet boxing forums.

63bf7b34e55490d4c18114d2bd0ce159c6a5a28f-2202x1174.png

ca8d4b10f55ed244e8b4b8951bf6a01ebfd3304b-2358x1048.png

Fascinating.

I read somewhere that Gen Z, surprisingly enough, has slightly more conservatives than liberals. It's because, on average, conservatives have more kids. Now with all the leftists fighting tooth and nail for the chance to kill their unborn baby, that advantage will grow in future generations.

If this is a normal example of gen Z's abilities we're done. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back