• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meme thread V.18: Free speech sux edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the joke?

Well if you're one to laugh at the abusurdities of life you may chuckle at the irony of using FDR to protest this particular policy considering the internment of Japanese Americans. I guess it would be like if Trump invaded Iran and someone brings up some old quote from W Bush calling for peace and going through the UN or something like that. I chuckled at least because I'm cynical like that.

Well if you're one to laugh at the abusurdities of life you may chuckle at the irony of using FDR to protest this particular policy considering the internment of Japanese Americans. I guess it would be like if Trump invaded Iran and someone brings up some old quote from W Bush calling for peace and going through the UN or something like that. I chuckled at least because I'm cynical like that.

If I recall correctly, families were kept together in the Japanese interment camps.

Not being a Meme Thread Debater - just making that point; wasn't sure if there was something FDR did that I wasn't aware of.

If I recall correctly, families were kept together in the Japanese interment camps.

Not being a Meme Thread Debater - just making that point; wasn't sure if there was something FDR did that I wasn't aware of.

Well I took it as less in terms of separating families per se but just detaining people in a really fucked up situation based just on their race, acting in a way that totally doesn't live up to that quote that Holder is posting. The replies to him are gold because they're all breaking his balls for sending all those guns down there. With politicians you can either laugh or you can cry - because they're all full of shit and it's our money they're playing with.

37550573_2025473564162162_4939577454030225408_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back