• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meisha Tate's next move?

Next move? This wouldn't even be a thread if there wasn't some stupid Meisha 2.0 push from the UFC despite her looking like absolute trash in her comeback fight. It was hard to listen to everyone in the prefight show etc. lie about her comeback and say she looked good because I like those people but they need a paycheck too. The entire thing is a waste, and Meisha 2.0 was just selling product. She's not the once tenacious fighter she once was and that was most of her game. I don't care what her next move is, hopefully go back to whatever she was doing before cause 2.0 is just trash.

So what does Meisha do next? It seems clear that she isn't getting anywhere near the BW title again. Does she retire again, look for a couple of BW fights like a Holly rematch or if she actually wants to try and win another title does she try to make Fly Weight and take a run at Schevchenko?

Can she even make 125 lbs? If she has her fake boobs removed that's half of the 10 lb difference. If she can make it I could see her beating some FlyW's in the UFC.
If she removes her boobs nobody will buy the PPV..

go back to being a mommy
that is not slight at her
Babies don't need to be seeing their moms all fucked in the face

Just give her the shittiest opponents for her to wreck in Round 1. She's fitter, but she ain't coming close to the belch.

So what does Meisha do next? It seems clear that she isn't getting anywhere near the BW title again. Does she retire again, look for a couple of BW fights like a Holly rematch or if she actually wants to try and win another title does she try to make Fly Weight and take a run at Schevchenko?

Can she even make 125 lbs? If she has her fake boobs removed that's half of the 10 lb difference. If she can make it I could see her beating some FlyW's in the UFC.
She can milk name value for a little longer and if she posts up some wins, and could easily be in contention again. She's .500 on the comeback tour and it's a comeback tour that most WMMA fighters never qualified for. Meisha qualified.

But Gaad its WWWWWWMMMA and Nunes might kill her if they actually fight again.

She’s not a serious athlete (her awkward and plodding striking after all this time proved that), she’s a hot chick that overachieved in life by being hot, but now she’s older and had kids and past her prime. I respect the effort to get back in there and try again, but her ship has sailed.

i think honestly she can get towards the shot because she has shown clear improvement and she is ofc, miesha tate. a big name. i think she rushed herself a bit into a top contender so maybe she should take someone like aspen ladd, or a top 10-15 rank. if she can rack up 2-3 wins i wouldn't be surprised to see her with a title shot, because she also shows she wants to be here. or, even more ideally/dream scenario like for her and many, she gets ronda outta retirement for one more big superfight. (very unlikely, but still)

Strategically I would go with either Yana, Who is ranked above Vieira, or Rocky who has a previous win over her. I think those are very winnable fights for her. I would keep her away from Holm, Germaine, and Macy right now. She is only two fights back right now so I’m not ready to cash her out or toot her horn too much. Time will tell. I don’t think Ladd would be a terrible decision either.

Oh, and I would also stay away from Aldana too. Basically give her a fight against someone who is not a great striker right now to give her a little time to tighten that hole up.

She wants to be back to compete, so a quick turnaround. Doubtful Ronda's coming back, so if Tate wins her next (could be against a fellow veteran McMann, depending on injury return) a Holm rematch was also on her "bucket list".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back