Megan Anderson vs. Felicia Spencer Added to UFC Rochester in May

UFC Announced Two GENUINE FEATHERWEIGHT Fights!!!
WMMA Scene Now
Published on Mar 26, 2019

Thanks for the push.

One thing I didn't bring up in the video, as it was meant for news instead of discussion, is while these two were former Invicta champs, they'd probably be middling bantamweights relative to their skills. Anderson, in particular, who lost to Dandois, who Invicta made sure to never book again while giving Anderson a big push.

What is spencer's game like?

Any stand up?

Just have her work on takedowns, control and submissions. Megan sucks on the ground and her stand up is pretty raw - though she does hit hard and is aggressive as hell.
Spencer is well rounded, i think she has TMA background possibly Karate? she can kick and knee Megan in the head, despite Anderson's height

07_Felicia_Spencer_vs_Helens_Kolesnyk7.jpg

Montreal-born featherweight Felicia Spencer will make her UFC debut against Australian Megan Anderson on a televised UFC card May 18 in Rochester, N.Y.

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/sport...ncer-signs-with-ufc-will-debut-in-may-295023/

why does Megan have blue skin?

What is spencer's game like?

Any stand up?

Just have her work on takedowns, control and submissions. Megan sucks on the ground and her stand up is pretty raw - though she does hit hard and is aggressive as hell.
I would not call Spencer standup good but she's got heavy hands and throws with bad intentions. Her fights have all gone pretty similar back up/knockdown the other girl with hard shots till clinch, takedown and sub. She's also got great chin and is willing to eat strikes to land or clinch.

I think Fee going to finish Megan quickly and make a statement in the 1st here. Given Megan's weak tdd, fee takes her back quick after a few heavy strikes.

Oddly, this fight, of all women's fights, is one I plan to watch. I think giant woman fights are great!

I had high hopes for Megan, until the Holm fight. She looked like ass. No speed, no power, no coordination, no agression.

Megan always talks about "fighting long" on Aussie and Fancy...she will have to exactly that, and be more evasive than usual, to win this one. I'll give my prediction just before the fight.

Jarl

Megan always talks about "fighting long" on Aussie and Fancy...she will have to exactly that, and be more evasive than usual, to win this one. I'll give my prediction just before the fight.

Jarl

I guess that means she will need to learn how to do it.

If she channels her 6' dragon energy she can win, bit if she has 5'11" energy that shes gonna get ko'd. That's my prediction.

I had high hopes for Megan, until the Holm fight. She looked like ass. No speed, no power, no coordination, no agression.
All true...but she is so huge! Like a surprising sexy ostrich of some sort.

Tough one to call simply because they're so different skills wise. Both like to eat punches and are lacking in their defensive abilities, both like to push the pace and go forward looking for the finish.

Although Spencer is definitely the better grappler (she's got skills, physical strength to hold someone down, and is quite sneaky in how she can isolate an arm or head/neck), she's facing someone who is just a physically strong or even stronger. She'll have to be very smart in how she sets her takedowns and clinch, instead of just rushing forward or throwing kicks hoping they land.

We all know Anderson's ground game is no good, her takedown defense isn't exactly stellar either. However, she hits REALLY HARD and isn't afraid of banging it out with her opponents. She could catch Spencer clean with a few shots or kicks, and knock her out, her power is no joke. Megan needs to be smart and keep her distance/counter, as Spencer is more likely to come forward in a desperate attempt at scoring a takedown.

If we judge Spencer by how she looked in her last outing, Megan will knock her out cold if she can't score a submission win in the first round. Sorensen was lighting her up in the stand up, Spencer had nothing for someone her own size, now a larger and physically stronger opponent will really hurt her if she goes out there fighting with desperation. Or I could be wrong and she submits Megan fairly easily, you never know with this sport.

Let's go ladies!

Back