Mcgregor's success

nyquil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
McGregor is fun to watch both in and out of the ring. He's a good striker, and a phenomenal trash talker, BUT....

His success if you look at it carefully, you will see this irrefutable fact.

1. UFC notices the stardom in him and caters to his every needs. Starting with the match picking and skipping of opponents in the initial stage. They let him do whatever the fuck he wants, breaks all the rules and every contracts in order to keep his stock on the rise. I wouldn't even be surprised if they provide him with steroids and other enhancement and recovery drugs in the market.

Look at how nerf wrecking he got when diaz mentioned steroids. Or remember that run in with Urijah in the hallway?

2. They first hand pick opponents to match his style and avoid the wrestlers, then when someone injures, he gets to fight a replacement fighter who is physically ill prepared. Fighters with no camp, or insufficient time to fully be in fighting shape, while he himself have been training for 3-4 weeks to a month and fully ready.

Example, mendes, diaz

3. You add in his trash talking + UFC belittling of mcgregor's opponents.
Imagine, you're his opponent, and the president of UFC publicly tells the media that they offered you the fight and you turned it down and was afraid to fight mcgregor, or that your previous injury was faked and you are not hurt at all.... imagine how disrespected you would feel when your employee publicly humiliates you in front of everyone.

why do you think frankie is pissed, why do you think aldo was pissed?

In other words, you have to fight a fully prepared mcgregor when you are not in any fighting shape and with no cardio. On top of that, you have to be able to remain calm and not get effected by mcgregor's provocation and UFC siding with him and throwing jabs at you and smearing your image all at the same time..... you can see why some people have a problem with a fighter who is really only good at striking (he really does have good striking.)

All the stars are aligned perfectly for him. they really are.

if he's not a good speaker, if the ufc didn't bend over backwards for him, if his opponents could fight him in fighting shape, if his opponent just had to show up and fight him without hearing or going about all these trash talking and ufc smear campaign, and if mcgregor had to fight wrestlers before the ufc discovered the star potential in him, if he is not the fantastic striker with accuracy and killer instinct.... . then we would not have the star, and he would not have been the big success that he is today.

22479-didn-t-read-lol.gif

Damn you ruined it for me this whole time I thought it was because he had a good tattoo artist.

TS got to be the nut job being investigated by the fbi

people sure love an overnight celebrity.

no matter how great you think he is now, he's not someone capable of dealing with all facets of the game, and he wont be a 10 year reigning champ.

that's a fact.

get in, get out, good for him, good for the ufc, good for you retards too i guess.

no matter how great you think he is now, he's not someone capable of dealing with all facets of the game, and he wont be a 10 year reigning champ.

that's a fact.

get in, get out, good for him, good for the ufc, good for you retards too i guess.

haha so gotten to.. Cry me a river little bitch.

that's a fact.

Nobody is a 10 year reigning champ.

Is this a joke?

I bet TS though Poirer, Brandao, Mendes, and Aldo were all going to beat McGregor until they fought him.

The end of your post is the best part. You basically say that if he wasn't a charismatic fighter good at trash talking and fighting with great killer instinct, then he wouldn't be successful. Uh, yeah? That's an utterly vacuous statement. You may as well say, "if Stephen King wasn't good at writing, he wouldn't have sold so many books."

Or maybe his success is due to the fact he just beat the shit out of the FW division...

Fell into boxing because he couldn't cut it in football. Fell into MMA because he couldn't cut it in boxing.

The man is a habitual failure in life.

What a pile of shit thread.

I think Conor's reaction to being accused of steroids was very real, I've always been more concerned by the guys who sit there and laugh off those types of allegations, why is it that much of sherdog's collective mind see's getting pissed off as an admission of guilt?

Try being accused of something you didn't do, I know it would get me pissed off.

I would be pissed if I had worked so hard to become so good only for someone to make a baseless accusation just because they are getting told the truth at a press conference.

Everyone has employees they dont like that get preferential treatment. Everyone has dbag bosses they hate. But nobody forces them to work for said bosses. They are free to go elsewhere.

The UFC is no diffetent then any other business.

/thread

My fav fighter.

Only thing that made me a little mad was that he got the green shorts and Silva didn't get the yellow ones. UFC does go out of their way to accomodate him, but rightfully so.

why do people like you post an intro labelled "irrefutable fact" and then proceed to spew out complete bullshit and poorly conceived opinions?

Look at how nerf wrecking he got when diaz mentioned steroids. Or remember that run in with Urijah in the hallway?

If you think he got "nerf wrecking" then you clearly have issues reading body language
He was making weight when he met Faber in the hallway, that possibly had something to do with his temper

War Aldo

dragon punch must be the worst poster on the forum, fishing for likes with didnt read gifs all day long

Back