McGregor looking huge, training with Ido last night

I wouldnt be surprised if he was 180.

I don't think we'll ever see him at 145 again.

Nope, 145 is done for Conor. Even if he loses at 155, I can't see him going back to that ultra strict lifestyle of trying to maintain that weight.

Is this what you do with your spare time?

you_are_creepy

I'm not saying I have ever been in the same position as McGregor, but I will say this much: Once you go up in weight - the way he is doing, it is extremely difficult to make that cut again. Especially at his age, it's not as easy as it was when he was first starting out. Let's say he fights 170lbs here and 155lbs at UFC 200. I can't seem him dropping to 145lbs again, the human body is just not designed to continue that cut. He will hold the 145lbs title until he grabs another belt and then will vacate.

He's gonna be the new Rumble-weight champ if he tries to cut to 145 again.

I'm not saying I have ever been in the same position as McGregor, but I will say this much: Once you go up in weight - the way he is doing, it is extremely difficult to make that cut again. Especially at his age, it's not as easy as it was when he was first starting out. Let's say he fights 170lbs here and 155lbs at UFC 200. I can't seem him dropping to 145lbs again, the human body is just not designed to continue that cut. He will hold the 145lbs title until he grabs another belt and then will vacate.
Agreed. It looks like he has packed on as much muscle as one can in a couple of months. Frankie will have to come back to 155 to fight him. And he had his chance twice, so, you can't blame McGregor, injuries or not.

Agreed. It looks like he has packed on as much muscle as one can in a couple of months. Frankie will have to come back to 155 to fight him. And he had his chance twice, so, you can't blame McGregor, injuries or not.
Wtf? You want Frankie to move up and fight him on 10 days notice with a torn groin? And when else did he get offered that fight. They offered both him and Mendes for 189 and he accepted, they just went with mendes

I think a year from now, maybe less, we'll be looking at Conor in the same way we look at Rumble.

How the fuck did he make that weight?

Couldn't agree more. Edgar will fight for the 145 lbs belt when Conor vacates. What's even more interesting if Conor wins at 155lbs I can easily see Edgar getting first shot at Conor's title defense. In a weird way this whole thing sort of works out for Edgar and actually leads to more marketability for future events. They could easily spin the whole: "Conor dodged me at 145lbs, I took that belt and am going to reclaim 155lbs from him" type of shtick.

Wtf? You want Frankie to move up and fight him on 10 days notice with a torn groin? And when else did he get offered that fight. They offered both him and Mendes for 189 and he accepted, they just went with mendes

I'm not saying Frankie hasn't been unlucky, I'm saying that Conor has been ready to sign on that fight twice. So, blame the game, not Conor. If he decides not to make the 145 cut again and vacates the title, no one can blame him.

I'm not saying Frankie hasn't been unlucky, I'm saying that Conor has been ready to sign on that fight twice. So, blame the game, not Conor. If he decides not to make the 145 cut again and vacates the title, no one can blame him.
Your partially correct. I think Conor has been more willing to fight him than the UFC has been to allow it. However his talking shit about Frankie pulling out today tells me he wants none of that. If he has no intention of returning to 145, fine, go ahead and move up but he should be relinquishing the belt.

Back