Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would Mayweather might lose to out of these

Ray Robinson

Ray Leonard

Pernell Whittaker or,

Roberto Duran?

I might favor Mayweather over Whittaker slightly, but the rest I'll take over mayweather at the optimal condition for each fighter.

Ray Robinson

Ray Leonard

Pernell Whittaker or,

Roberto Duran?

If "would...might" means "could" then I would say all four of them.

he would run away from all of them and win on jabs like he did with de la hoya. mayweather should fight in mma so i can see him get destroyed.

Ray Robinson

Ray Leonard

Pernell Whittaker or,

Roberto Duran?

Why can't you ask questions like who wins between JC Chavez and PBF or Hector Camacho and PBF? This is just going to solitify my image as a hater in the eyes of all these flavor of the month Floyd fanatics.
Ray Robinsons hands floyd his ass in a doggy bag.
Ray Leonard does the same.
Whitaker takes a narrow decision.
Duran wares PBF downs and gets a late tko or a decision over a clearly beatin foe.

PBF beats Hector Camacho.
PBF beats JC. Chavez.

I dont need to explain why SRR would have beatin Floyd. SRL was just as fast, rangier, more diverse, and more powerful. Whitaker was incredibly hard to counter and had an amazing jab and was probably in the top 3 best defensive fighters of all time. Duran was a master at mixing defense into his offense., had really fast hands(made of stone mind you), and had the beard to walk right through anything Floyd had to offer.

robinson, and srl (maybe)

he has a good chance against duran who he could frustrate (or who can headbutt him to oblivion and KO floyd)

and whitaker

robinson is a bad matchup for floyd, tall rangey and with skills

srl would probably win more than lose

None of them.

Out of all the names mentioned so far, Camacho is the only fight I see Floyd winning. This comparing Floyd to the all time great WW

Robinson and Leonard beat Mayweather as easily as HOF fighters can beat other HOF fighters. Duran beats him, but not without a struggle.

Whitaker can't beat Mayweather.

Out of the choices I'm gonna say the only one that would be the most questionable would be Leonard due to his style. Robinson fought in a time when fighters stood on the inside more & rolled punches rather than putting more emphasis on foot movement. Duran was more of a boxer/puncher & the only chance I'd give him against Mayweather would be a puncher's chance. Mayweather's accuracy would trump Whitaker's awkard upper body movement. I think WW's who would give him serious trouble other than Leonard would be Hearns, prime Mosley, prime Meldrick Taylor, or even a motivated De la Hoya past or present. I'm not saying Mayweather would lose, but I think these are a few opponents who would give him a run for his money.

Out of the choices I'm gonna say the only one that would be the most questionable would be Leonard due to his style. Robinson fought in a time when fighters stood on the inside more & rolled punches rather than putting more emphasis on foot movement. Duran was more of a boxer/puncher & the only chance I'd give him against Mayweather would be a puncher's chance. Mayweather's accuracy would trump Whitaker's awkard upper body movement. I think WW's who would give him serious trouble other than Leonard would be Hearns, prime Mosley, prime Meldrick Taylor, or even a motivated De la Hoya past or present. I'm not saying Mayweather would lose, but I think these are a few opponents who would give him a run for his money.

:eek:

WTF, tell me you

he would run away from all of them and win on jabs like he did with de la hoya. mayweather should fight in mma so i can see him get destroyed.

I'm not a fan of mayweather, but that mma comment is downright stupid. I'd like to see an MMA fighter come to boxing and get beaten 10 times worse. Mayweather would actually stand a chance against the best in UFC, An mma fighter would not stand a chance against the best boxers. Not to mention they are different sports. Go back the heavyweight forum.

Mayweather may not be very exciting at times, but everyone has their style. He wins fights, and thats what matters. He's a boxer, not a brawler. This is coming from a big de la hoya fan too. You have to respect mayweather for his speed, defense, and heart. He knows what he's doing.

Robinson and Leonard beat Mayweather as easily as HOF fighters can beat other HOF fighters. Duran beats him, but not without a struggle.

Whitaker can't beat Mayweather.

Whitaker can't beat Mayweather? Please elaborate.

Duran was not easy to hit. He was an excellent defensive fighter. He constantly moved his body and caught punches with his gloves and countered. Anybody that only gives him a punchers chance against anybody that has ever fought around his division does not know his career very well.

Whitaker can't beat Mayweather? Please elaborate.

There's a thread on it already, as well as a better one we did years ago. When the good members were here. Before you were around.

There's a thread on it already, as well as a better one we did years ago. When the good members were here. Before you were around.

How old are you tam? Honestly.. I have a theory that PBF is the only great fighter that you've lived to see. Pea was better than Floyd in many ways. Ways that you'll never understand, because you're just a flavor of the month fan.To say that Pea has no shot at PBF just shows that you are absolutely clueless.

Sorry I can't be your yes man... If people agreeing with you all the time is your idea of ahving it good.. then I feel sorry for you. The disagreements about this sport are what makes it so much fun to be a part of.

Lol @ Whittaker being on the same list as those true boxing icons.

Lol @ Whittaker being on the same list as those true boxing icons.

Whitaker held the top pfp spot for years. He's only been clearly beatin 2 times in his career. One against a dried out middleweight, Tito Trinidad. The other against Carlos Borjorquez when he broke his clavicle while throwing a punch. Both well past his prime and the tito fight occured shortly after Pea had done a long stent in drug rehab. The fact that he even got in the ring with tito and competed is a testiment to how good he once was.

Duran would Murder pretty boy floyd.

I'd give him a shot at the others because of their styles matching with his but its still a toss up each fight!

Two of the best welterweights of all time and the best lightweight of all time beat Mayweather. Whitaker is vulnerable because of his award style and posturing leaves him open to Floyd's excellent counter shots. Whitaker has great upper body movement and is quick, but his low hands and wide shots leave him open to get caught by the straight, accurate punches of floyd. He gets away with a lot of things because of his athletic ability, but Floyd is just as athletically gifted if not more.

Back