• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
Dana White said it is "biggest fight ever in combat sports history". I personally think that Mayweather fighting in MMA would be much more entertaining. He could show balls and try his boxing at a real fight (which MMA is closest to). Then it might have been "the biggest fight ever in combat sports history". Now it's just money fight, theres no rivalry or anything, it's obvious that boxer is better in boxing...

Conor has small chance of some lucky punch, but is it really sport, competition? Biggest fight ever? I don't think so.

Floyd would never take that much of a pay cut to wrassel around in some boxer briefs. UFC can't afford Floyd.

Somebody didn't tell him.
arsenio.gif
1486585079770.gif

Floyd would never take that much of a pay cut to wrassel around in some boxer briefs. UFC can't afford Floyd.

Of course, that's exactly what I mean. This fight isn't really a fight, it's business and fame. But it's win-win for everybody.
Floyd gets money and 50-0 record.
Conor get's money and popularity + little chance to do upset. Very little, but still...
Crowd have fun.

And you know, fighting Mayweather isn't some new idea for McGregor. I remember him posting that in real fight he would choke Mayweather like boa. It was 2015 if I remember correctly. Now he has enough popularity to actually fight him, not in MMA, but he can get even more money for fighting him in boxing.

I think he should book a fight with Conor, drop out with a fake injury and fight a straweight.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

So you have the Floyd fans and haters. You have the Conor fans and haters. Boxing fans. MMA fans. Other sport fans. A huge chunk of casual fans including many people who will just buy because a lot of people are talking about it. Conor has a whole country behind him and many will tune in (Ireland has a population of 4 million but its a rich country per capita compared to Pacquiao's country that don't pay for ppv. They watched the Pac fight for free). I'm sure many UK fans will tune in also. White vs Black in fights like this tends to sell well in the US and other multicultural countries.

Streaming in general has lowered PPV's but still adding in all those factors this fight could sell a few million. I wouldn't be surprised if this beat the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight. I would be surprised if it did less than 2 million.

I'm properly only the guy who likes sexy who thinks he wins this at 154, ward would be a tough fight

Of course, that's exactly what I mean. This fight isn't really a fight, it's business and fame. But it's win-win for everybody.
Floyd gets money and 50-0 record.
Conor get's money and popularity + little chance to do upset. Very little, but still...
Crowd have fun.

And you know, fighting Mayweather isn't some new idea for McGregor. I remember him posting that in real fight he would choke Mayweather like boa. It was 2015 if I remember correctly. Now he has enough popularity to actually fight him, not in MMA, but he can get even more money for fighting him in boxing.
Ok I get what you are saying. My fault.
While now, yes this is a spectacle more than anything else, I hope more fighters from the sport of boxing and the recreational weekend hobby of mma (just kidding, mostly) start crossing over more and not just at the end of their careers.

I would say Connor is brave for doing this, but in reality I too would fight mayweather in the ring for 1/10th of what he is about to get.

But unfortuanately, Swingslow the teen idol sensation, isn't a draw yet despite my blazing 9.6 second 40 yard dash, my 23 reps of benching 78 lbs, and my receding hair line. But hey, time favors the bold or something like that.

Conor is going to be a bit of a problem due to size and aggression at the beginning of the fight, you will even see the showtime crew going ¨wow! Conor is surprising mayweather! Much better boxer than we anticipated, Bla Bla Bla!¨
Then of course Conor will gas and Mayweather will take over the fight from round 5 onward.

You guys make Mayweather out to be some kind of superman or something. That's not how he wins. There will be close rounds at first, Conor is bigger and likes to throw, Mayweather will oblige until Conor gasses, which he will. Mayweather never gasses. Conor has no fucking chance due to this fact alone, Even if Conor went all godlike and beats Floyd left and right, he will still gas and the fight will stop being interesting.

Like I said in another thread about this joke fight:

All this "OMG Conor so brave!" nonsense. As if he didn't lobby for this fight himself. The whole David vs Goliath hero antics and the premature excuses. Fans already shook as fuck that Floyd will absolutely dismantle him for an audience of millions, so they're already covering their asses with all kinds of spin doctor BS. Fucking pathetic.

Who are the 6 dipshits (as of 22 June) who voted for McGregor to win and how much did you bet on him to win?????

That Conor kills me. haha
Did you guys watch his special training for the Mayweather fight?

On the other hand, Floyd :

If he feints the left high kick a couple of times, he'll keep Floyd guessing and open him up for a right hook.

That is all.

Source: a guy with over one street fight (issue about a Magic: The Gathering card swap).

5d0a528d4885f0b1e03f3b32c4758f7b.jpg

Saved your thread fisherman

Anyone feel bad for Din Thomas?

I mean this was the first guy to call out mayweather...i mean way before it became hip

That Conor kills me. haha
Did you guys watch his special training for the Mayweather fight?
A lot of people seem to be making fun of Conor for this but I see boxers like Rigondeaux and Lomachenko doing similar type of training

Bloodyelbow touched on the concern of Connor doing something crazy. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/...strated-and-do-something-crazy-mma-ufc-boxing

What are the boxing rules about faking a leg kick or takedown? Can boxers fake obviously illegal moves?

My question is because the only way I see Connor winning is the following:

Connor throws Floyd down while in the clinch a few times to get him to do something stupid like putting his hands down to land the left hook; or

Connor feints a leg kick/takedown to get Floyd to drop his hands and lands the lead left.

My boxing knowledge is limited.

A lot of people seem to be making fun of Conor for this but I see boxers like Rigondeaux and Lomachenko doing similar type of training

Υou are right. Eastern Europeans and Cuban fighters do some peculiar exercises to train their reflexes.
The funny part of the video is who was throwing these cards to Mcgregor.
Connor could have employed some good boxing trainer and once again we see that Ido portal dude.

Last edited:
Back