Mayonaise Alternatives?

B

black_samurai**

Any ideas? I noticed a lotta guys here using cream cheese instead of mayo.

I have this fat free Miracle whip. Its texture is real weird but its not that bad. It grows on you.

i usually use Mustard in the place of mayo on sandwiches...

they do have fat free mayo, but i heard it's horrible

Nayonaise is a low-fat mayonnaise alternative that is made with soy. I like it a lot. It has a sweet taste to it. It has 3.5 g of fat, as opposed to the much higher fat count in regular mayo.

I buy mayo made with Canola oil, it has less fat and it also contains omega 3 fatty acids, so thats good also.

Miracle Whip isn't perfect in terms of taste or content, but it is a pretty good compromise with yourself on both counts.

Good suggestions.

I also use the Miracle Whip and don't notice any difference in taste, but I was never a mayo fiend.

I'd like to try that Nayonaise out, since it sounds healthier than Miracle Whip. I wonder if I could count it as a vegetable serving? Probably not.

I also love yogurt and mustard as alternatives. I use fat free ricotta cheese, sometimes, too. For more flavor, I'll buy silken tofu and spice it. I love to mix a carton of silken tofu with 3 tbl. minced fresh basil, a can of minced black olives, a tbl. of minced garlic, and a couple tsp. of dried dill weed. Mix that all together and YUM.

yogurt. Goes good on a BLT, why not try substituting mayonaise in other areas with it?

What's wrong with mayo?
Im guessing you like the taste, but think it's unhealthy, if so why don't you make it yourself. Use free range eggs, olive oil, or avocado oil when making it, and it will be healthier and tastier than the shit you can buy in the shop.

thecreator said:
What's wrong with mayo?
Im guessing you like the taste, but think it's unhealthy, if so why don't you make it yourself. Use free range eggs, olive oil, or avocado oil when making it, and it will be healthier and tastier than the shit you can buy in the shop.

That sounds delicious. Tell me more.

thecreator said:
What's wrong with mayo?

Sounds good. Do you have a recipe?

Back