Maycee "The Future" Barber (6-0) Gets Called Out By Livinha "The Brazilian Gangster" Souza (12-1)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think this would be a dangerous fight for Barber to accept. Souza is no joke. She's a former Invicta FC champion.

I think the fight would be exciting:
Of Souza's wins: 84% have been by finish.
Of Barber's wins: 83% have been by finish.

What do you think?

~
Maycee Barber
maycee-barber-dwcs-13-weigh-ins1.jpg

~
Livinha Souza
Livia.jpg

Livinha Souza calls Maycee Barber to fight at UFC Fortaleza or ‘anywhere else’
By Guilherme Cruz Dec 2, 2018
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...er-to-fight-at-ufc-fortaleza-or-anywhere-else

Excerpts:
”Bring her, or any other girl, to fight me in my home country, or anywhere else,” Souza said. “Whatever the UFC wants, I’m in, but if I could choose, I really wanted to fight here to get more intimacy with the Brazilian audience. It was incredible to fight here. I’m sure I will give the Brazilian people more joy in the sport.”

Souza fought in Brazil for the first time in four years when she beat Chambers in her hometown of Sao Paulo, a stretch that included a 4-1 run under the Invicta FC banner with wins over Katja Kankaanpaa, DeAnna Bennett, Ayaka Hamasaki and Janaisa Morandin, and a split decision defeat to Angela Hill.

Looking to add another championship belt to her resume in the near future, the 27-year-old strawweight promises to honor fighters from the “old generation” inside the eight-sided cage and make the sport more popular in Brazil.

”I will give my life to do at least one percent of the history that the old generation has done and, if possible, win more belts and put the sport where it belongs, at the top,” Souza said. “We have to prove we’re talented, that Brazil is a country of warriors. If they come here thinking that we’re dead, we’ll prove them wrong.”

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed with Maycee's performance in her debut. She looked pretty good against an opponent that she should have looked great against. Don't see her moving much further up.

the brazilian ganster ? what the fuck is this LOL

Souza is too skilled at this point. Maycee is a big girl for the division though, could see her giving Souza problems down the road once she develops.

Just Bleed God was pleased...

Last edited:
Has there been any word from Dern’s camp about Maycee calling her out? I doubt Dern would take the fight if she could avoid it but you never know. As long as girls know that Maycee is violent beforehand I’d like to see her fight anybody.

That would be a fun fight. It's still not clear how good Barber is at this point but this would give a pretty good indication.

Barber's a can crusher. Give her a real fight.

I would definitely pick Souza,she's probably just too far ahead although Barber is a great prospect.Would love to see Barber stfu and get knocked down a few pegs.

Dangerous fight for maycee. She was way bigger than her last girl. If your really the best than accept it

FutureGOAT TKO in the first.

Souza by whatever.

Not exactly impressed by her call-out.

Decent test for Barber... but not the ranked opponent she wants.

Smart move by Souza. She has more experience than Barber. Maycee looked good in her debut. Might as well give her a tough opponent. She says she can beat anyone in the division.

The Brazilian Gangster?
Any relation to the American one?

Can we vote "who cares"?

Dangerous fight, i don't like that idea for Maycee. Livinha should fight a top 15, someone like Randa Markos.

Back