• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Max Payne 1 & 2 Remakes Coming

Law Talkin’ Guy

The Worm
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.ign.com/articles/max-payne-remake-remedy-rockstar-ps5-pc-xbox

Just read that Remedy and Rockstar are remaking Max Payne 1 & 2. Kind of interesting to me as just this past January I played through the og Xbox versions of both games via backwards compatibility on my Series X.

I wonder if this will be a good remake or a shitty remake. Guess we’ll see.

Needs a classic Max skin.

3712088-maxpayne.png

Needs a classic Max skin.

3712088-maxpayne.png

It amazes me that the original Max Payne was a such ground breaking game, that seemingly took itself very serious as a film noir narrative, and yet they left in that ridiculous constipation face for Max. Unreal.

Rockstar must really hate GTA4.

Max_Payne_2000_Shot_30-1300x975.jpg

Remedy Entertainment Enters Agreement with Rockstar Games for New Max Payne 1&2 Project

Remedy Entertainment Enters Agreement with Rockstar Games for New Max Payne 1&2 Project
Remedy Entertainment, the creators of Max Payne, are pleased to announce that they will remake the iconic Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne video games in a new development agreement with Rockstar Games.

The relationship between Remedy and Rockstar Games dates back to the original release of the critically acclaimed Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne games, developed by Remedy and published by Rockstar Games. Both games left an indelible mark in popular culture, lauded for their neo-noir atmosphere, groundbreaking storytelling and “bullet-time” gunplay.

“We were thrilled when our long-time friends at Remedy approached us about remaking the original Max Payne games,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games “We are massive fans of the work the Remedy team has created over the years, and we can’t wait to play these new versions.”

“Max Payne has always held a special place in the hearts of everyone at Remedy, and we know the millions of fans worldwide feel the same,” said Remedy CEO, Tero Virtala. “We’re hugely excited to be working with our partners at Rockstar Games once again for the chance to bring the story, action and atmosphere of the original Max Payne games back to players in new ways.”

Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game’s development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.
There was an auto-upscaling mod that was already released for the first game. You can compare screenshots here:
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/max-...k-using-esrgan-and-is-available-for-download/
Hopefully the remasters are proper and take this to a whole new level.
life-is-good-positivity.gif
\

Glad to hear it's a remake. If they do this right it could be incredible.

*gust of wind*
“Another remake in a shit world of reboots, up scales and micro transactions. The single player campaign game was on it’s last dying breath in a sea of streamer personalities with shiny LED headphones and blue light strips to mask their pain. The way I see it there’s two kinds of gaming companies, those that try to build a new future and those that try to rebuild their past.”

Big fan of both games. Just read remakes will be handled by Remedy upong agreeing terms with Rockstar. This is huge cuz mood in MP3 was totally destroyed for me by Rockstar. Looking very forward.

Big fan of both games. Just read remakes will be handled by Remedy upong agreeing terms with Rockstar. This is huge cuz mood in MP3 was totally destroyed for me by Rockstar. Looking very forward.

I loved Max Payne 3 but my main issue with the game isn't we couldn't understand the Brazilians talking. One of my favorite things about Max Payne games was listening to the NPCs talking about you. It's so underrated how much that added to the experience and it was killed in 3 cause I couldn't understand shit.

I loved Max Payne 3 but my main issue with the game isn't we couldn't understand the Brazilians talking. One of my favorite things about Max Payne games was listening to the NPCs talking about you. It's so underrated how much that added to the experience and it was killed in 3 cause I couldn't understand shit.

Well I guess we both enjoy different things in the game. To me mood accounts for 70% of the fun. And there was none of it retained. If I wanted to play shooter like that I would go and play Kane and Lynch. Old games but no difference.

Good choice.

I always thought the first 2 max payne games along with dead to rights where all 3 under-rated games.

Well I guess we both enjoy different things in the game. To me mood accounts for 70% of the fun. And there was none of it retained. If I wanted to play shooter like that I would go and play Kane and Lynch. Old games but no difference.

What do you mean by mood exactly?

Yeah, those conversations reminded me of some of the Star Wars games where you could catch Storm Troopers chatting it up.

The guys in Max Payne were sinister though, really helped with the rich/dark atmosphere.

Max Payne 3 had awesome mechanics, but I really hated old/bald Max and the setting.

I actually booted up Max Payne not too long ago to play the Kung Fu mod again, but it was glitchy. I can't wait to play these games again. I'm glad remedy is on board, just hope it's not Epic exclusive. Didn't they buy Remedy? Rockstar/2K owns the Max Payne IP though right?

Yeah, those conversations reminded me of some of the Star Wars games where you could catch Storm Troopers chatting it up.

The guys in Max Payne were sinister though, really helped with the rich/dark atmosphere.

Max Payne 3 had awesome mechanics, but I really hated old/bald Max and the setting.

I actually booted up Max Payne not too long ago to play the Kung Fu mod again, but it was glitchy. I can't wait to play these games again. I'm glad remedy is on board, just hope it's not Epic exclusive. Didn't they buy Remedy? Rockstar/2K owns the Max Payne IP though right?

They didn't buy Remedy but they did enter into some kind of deal for multiple exclusive games. I'm assuming this isn't part of that deal considering this just happened and the Epic deal was signed months ago.

Since they are also working with Rockstar on this hopefully Rockstar said fuck that shit. I think Rockstar has their own launcher as well so I doubt they want it being exclusive to Epic. Though I could see Epic agreeing to let it be on Epic and Rockstar. Epic seems to be at war with just Steam and no one else.

I really liked 2. It had twin peaks references in it.

Been so long since last played a Max Payne game,all i can remember is the never ending hallway with the baby crying non stop off in the distance.

ptsd from a video game!

*gust of wind*
“Another remake in a shit world of reboots, up scales and micro transactions. The single player campaign game was on it’s last dying breath in a sea of streamer personalities with shiny LED headphones and blue light strips to mask their pain. The way I see it there’s two kinds of gaming companies, those that try to build a new future and those that try to rebuild their past.”

I fear not many in this thread got this comment and didn't read it in Payne's voice like you intended.

Nicely done.

Back