News Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Officially Inducted UFC Hall Of Fame

Pride legend. But, he has 11 wins and 12 losses in the UFC. How is that UFC HOF worthy when he did shit in the UFC? Didn’t even defend his belt.

Last edited:
Crazy Joana and khabib got in before shogun
Not that crazy. Though not technically the first champ, Joanna was the first in the division to keep the belt for more than 5 minutes and actually defended for several years, and Khabib won the biggest fight in UFC history, retired an undefeated champ with multiple defenses, first Russian UFC champ, started the Dagestanis coming over and smashing people.

Shogun just retired last year.

Didn't do shit ? He was half of one of the best fights in UFC history against Henderson and grabbed the belt.

Didn't do shit ? He was half of one of the best fights in UFC history against Henderson and grabbed the belt.
not sure how that makes him UFC HoF worthy.

Man’s an absolute legend. I remember how excited I was for him to come the UFC and I damn near cried when he won the belt. Could care less about him meeting some criteria for entry into the hall of fame. It’s Shogun, give that man what ever the hell he wants and be grateful you got to witness something special if you’ve been around that long.

It seems the UFC chose to announce it at this event so they could subtly troll Shogun for his numerous embarrassing losses.

The main card was full of fighters who had authored some of Shogun's most humiliating moments.

Getting brutally KO'd by Anthony Smith in what looked like a finishing sequence of a video game:

Tapping to strikes from pillow-fisted Paul Craig:

Getting finished by a regional level fighter who proceeded to dance on Shogun's corpse:

Man’s an absolute legend. I remember how excited I was for him to come the UFC and I damn near cried when he won the belt. Could care less about him meeting some criteria for entry into the hall of fame. It’s Shogun, give that man what ever the hell he wants and be grateful you got to witness something special if you’ve been around that long.

Agreed. It's amazing Shogun and Wand have been inducted this year. Fucking love it.

Back