"Matt Serra TKO'd prime GSP"

I mean 25th. He choked Rampage
That's right... Rampage. SMH. But MMA is a funny sport compared to the Major ones. You have GSP , Fedor and Jones... champs young and go on crazy runs... and guys like Couture , Hendo and Cormier that should be past prime becoming champions when most have long retired.

in the premier org for MMA

wut ake.gif

Dont wanna burst your bubble, but... when Aerobic Trainer intended to convince them Fertittas into investin´in MMA, he took dat Lorenzo dude straight to a Pride event [SAKU G. vs Hoyce]...

It's called adversity. Without it you can't be a goat.

Genuinely feel that this doesn't get talked about enough
That’s because haters focus more on him losing to a midget, “tapping out” than how that loss changed his whole career.

Issue with this in the GOAT discussion is that Jones was at the peak of his powers at 24.

I have been here a long time I don't recall this many GSP threads when he was active, and in his prime. Something odd around these parts in recent years.. The farther away from the sport GSP gets, the more people want to talk about him..

between the age of 22 - 24 Wanderlei Silva had 14 fights with 12 of them in Pride and 2 in UFC, became Pride champ in that period, and had beaten an undefeated Hendo in dominating fashion, Saku 2x, and fought HW Mirko CroCop to a 5 round draw in which he easily woulda won if it had been scored... Meh It's okay I guess

When “The Terror” beat GSP.....I felt the same when Tyson lost to Douglas but, if you watch Douglas, he knew he was gonna do it.....Matt had the look of, did I just do that?, on his face.

No matter, 1 of 2 that beat GSP....A former champ!

''Khabib was fighting no-named Russian guys in a yellow ring without a cage or ropes''

<LikeReally5>

Khabib was 19 years old in that Pankration tournament.

When “The Terror” beat GSP.....I felt the same when Tyson lost to Douglas but, if you watch Douglas, he knew he was gonna do it.....Matt had the look of, did I just do that?, on his face.

No matter, 1 of 2 that beat GSP....A former champ!
Lol at this. So when did Douglas Know he was gonna beat Tyson? 10 seconds before he actually did! haha.. Or was it when Tyson knocked his ass down early in the fight and it took Buster the full 10 to get back up, is that when he knew he was gonna beat Tyson?! Buster didn't know shit and didn't know he was gonna win, and neither did Serra. Just 2 examples of the better fighter getting caught.

I honestly don't think the Serra loss on GSP's record is a big deal either, he came back from it a new man and was dominant for a long time...
But why do you got to shit on other peoples favorite fighters??

• GSP lost to Serra right before his 26th birthday, not when he was 24.

• GSP started his championship career 1-2.

• The GOAT didn't lose a title fight until his 38th career fight, right after he turned 38 years old.

• He started his championship career 17-0 from ages 26-38.

• He also had his first title fight at the age of 26, in his 8th professional contest, and beat the #1 p4p fighter in the world to take his title.

• By comparison: GSP lost his first title fight at the age of 23, in his 8th professional contest, tapping with 1 second left in the first round to a top p4p fighter, but not the #1.

Sorry, friends.

Back