• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Matt Serra and Deen Thomas told to cover up for wearing shorts in Abu dhabi

Sharia law makes you third world

I guess we can say second world since they’re rich

They are real conservatives. And impose conservative laws. There is no sharia law in Arab nations.
You “american conservatives” are a joke!! cry about your rights but want to take others rights and play the victim card when you dont have what it take to be on top!!!

They are real conservatives. And impose conservative laws. There is no sharia law in Arab nations.
You “american conservatives” are a joke!! cry about your rights but want to take others rights and play the victim card when you dont have what it take to be on top!!!
I call bs on that. The idea that European conservatives aren't real conservatives is nonsense.

Are we pretending the British guy here isn't a conservative?

I disagree, I don't watch mma for the ring girls, it's unnecessary imo. Even if it's a really hot one, it just distracts from the fights.

I don't mind if they cancel them all together.

I agree.

I’m almost never a fan of laws or regulations that interfere with private business choices, but cultural norms and local traditions can be a different story.

The norms and traditions in that part of the world are tricky for me though.

On one hand I enjoy the diversity of culture we have around the world, and I can appreciate a culture that puts a greater emphasis on modesty and formalities than we do in the West. However, it’s impossible to overlook the disparity between what’s expected of men versus women in that part of the world. Add in the religious origins, and all that modesty and formality loses most of its charm, at least for me.

All that being said, personally I find the presence of the ring girls to be cheap, tacky and of no value. I’m not one to get in a huff about objectifying women, but they’re out there for literally no reason other than to say, “look, here’s a pretty bimbo in a bikini for 15 seconds to distract you while you wait for the next round.”

Last edited:
Hey bud the difference is, that shit has divided our country more than ever, more than half the population thinks it should be illegal to give kids and hormone blockers or do life altering, suicide inducing surgery.

imagine if everyone was cool with it and promoted mass shootings and wrote into law that mass shooting must happen

try again

My point is that is the upside down .that half of the population would think that is ok because they don’t want to be called names like bigot or homophobe.

An adult can make that decision for themselves
But it shouldn’t be on the taxpayers dime.
Which that is also insane but as you said half of the country supports that. Or at least half of the people in politics and all democrats running.

Yeah and "real conservatives" suck. Your use of "american conservatives" is correct. We're some of the most left wing republican/libertarian/moderate people in the world. The "Conservatives" in America want everyone to have their own liberties and not be told what to do. Can we agree "conservative" in different places is a little different terminology applied to a different set of laws to begin with?

That's fine. Just don't go there. I'm not being facetious. There are countries I avoid. I also realize that I'm inconsistent about which countries I avoid.

The thing is that this goes both ways. White American soldiers stationed in Britain during WWII demanded that the British impose a color bar. This is about the white American attitude that the rest of the world should cater to them.

This is what one white American lieutenant said when stationed in Britain:

This horrible human being thought he was in the right.
I admire you avoid countries. I wont support certain countries. They wont get a penny out of me.

You don't have to dress like a douche to be comfy.

paris-vienna-amsterdam-street-style-fashion-47.jpg

paris-vienna-amsterdam-street-style-fashion-19.jpg

paris-moc-a-rs15-3582.jpg

Tennis shoes and activewear is douchey now?

Granted I wouldn’t wear “USA” gear and backward ballcaps, but still.

Adidas joggers, sneakers and some reasonable T-shirt shouldn’t be offensive to anyone.

How about dressing comfortable and practical without worrying about what judgmental fucks think?

Right here, buddy.
human-hand-show-middle-finger-260nw-781069420.jpg

Americans are some of the best people in the world. There are tons of shit heads, sure. However, there are also some of the kindest, most hard working, and all around solid folks you'll find anywhere.

I immigrated from Norway to USA as a teen and have been accepted as an American ever since. I would NEVER move back to Norway. My Norwegian friends and family all come over here with the idea Americans are xenophobic idiots, and leave loving this country.

There are dicks growing all around you, pick one and eat it at your leisure.
That’s bc you’re a Caucasian immigrant. You blend in well.
Immigrant from Africa, Asia, Middle east don’t get accepted by Americans as well as you did.

Plenty of people who went there already told you that obviously people can wear shorts.

FoR a MiDdLe EaStErN cOuNtRy WhO kNoWs

Admit you're ignorant and move one.

Right, because there’s never any news coming out of that region that might give one the idea that in some places they’re a little sensitive about things like which parts of a body are showing in public.

It’s cool that a few people in this thread have eaten a burger in the lobby of their Hilton in downtown Doha, and there are a bunch of morons in this thread who could probably stand to expand their horizons, but it’s not exactly bananas for that guy’s thoughts to go where they did when he saw that headline.

Skip to 2:51

My question is, what's gonna be their reaction on fight night when they see all the fighters walking out in basically underwear to fight each other ?

Not to mention there's 2 women's fights on this card, 2 women in their underwear locked in a cage fighting?

When in Rome.

There are dress codes in Western countries too.

You can definitely wear shorts in public jn UAE.
This. Only inside religious places do they have restrictions. Or in high government offices. The video has nothing to do with either though. That's just the dress code for upscale places.

I call bs on that. The idea that European conservatives aren't real conservatives is nonsense.

Are we pretending the British guy here isn't a conservative?

Is this Shapiro clown still relevant after that international humiliation?
Typical internet celebrity who has head so far up his arse.

@honzo "Imagine living in a backwards country where there's a mass shooting every day."

You compared their chosen, enforced laws to something illegal in America that we are all disgusted by and trying to get rid of.

No one here likes mass shootings. People there like their laws, not all but plenty

A lot of people are all for the 2nd amendment including your president and an assault weapon ban was denied by your politicians. What a time to be alive in the USA....(or not alive).

You just embarrassed yourself by calling out a country for certain laws / rules that the people didn't choose when your country is the same.
Look what happens when people do rebell about laws i.e Hong Kong.

You also say that lashings are backwards when your country lethally injects people left right and centre. Europe stopped supplying your with the drugs for the injections and so you have started making your own execution drugs....These drugs don't work in the manner they are supposed to and people have been convulsing on tables for 30 minutes before dying, how embarrassing

You're a bigot but a stupid bigot

100 years ago women couldn't vote in the US, blacks were considered 3/5ths of a human being, gays were frowned up 20-30 years ago. Give others time to catch up, you people aren't in any place to shit on others.

Your post implies that you think they need to catch up. There’s a difference between saying that and virtue signaling about cultural relativism.

Personally I think the only interesting question raised by this thread is: where is the line between a cultural norm that is merely different and should be accepted versus one that is oppressive and should be fought against?

To your point, if we were living on Earth 300 years ago we would’ve seen rampant slavery. Would we have said, “well, kidnapping and selling the members of weaker tribes to Portuguese slavers to be used for labor by Europeans in the Western Hemisphere may not be something we agree with here, but something something cultural relativism?” Or would it have been willing to make the judgement that selling, trading and enslaving other humans is unacceptable anywhere, and those involved in the slave trade should all change?

I don’t know exactly where the line is, but frankly a lot of the defense of “other cultures” that we hear today reeks of the soft bigotry of low expectations. If doctors from New York and LA were volunteering their time to go down to Mississippi to deal with the epidemic of husbands throwing acid in the faces of wives who displeased them, I don’t think anyone would feel squeamish about saying, “WTF is wrong with Mississippi!” I don’t think white knights would come running to say, “wow, so ignorant, this has only really happened in these five counties, in a county I visited last year they even let my wife drive!” Oddly, sometimes being hard on people is more respectful, because it shows that you have expectations of them.

Personally I’m not sure what the most moral answer is here. I certainly understand why some posters have reacted negatively to the people who shrugged off the region as “backwards.” I don’t like that kind of thing either. But I don’t think it’s as simple as just shrugging and saying that everything must merely be different in some value-neutral way.

Back