Matt Brown

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Let's see him get tested by a top 5-10 fighter, Erik Silva is more like top 15. I'm not riding on the Brown hype train yet. I think he loses to Hendricks, Woodley, Lombard, Condit, Lawlor and Rory.

Glad you decided to make this thread, the other 87 threads weren't cutting it.

fuck all these threads. post in one of the 1000000 others.

I got excited when I saw Jon Jones beat Bonnar who probably wasn't Top 10. I'm not saying Brown will win a belt, but the guy is very legit at 170 which is probably the deepest division in MMA at this time. Give the guy a top 5 fight and see how he does. I was super impressed last night and I predicted Jones and Weidman would wear belts the first time I saw those guys fight. Not saying Brown will wear a belt, I'm saying I 'm good at judging talent when I see it and I think Brown might be able to hang in the Top 5. Give him a contender fight and lets see what he can do. The guy has earned that right and he is super exciting to watch.

Glad you decided to make this thread, the other 87 threads weren't cutting it.

Maybe if Sherdog didn't have such a confusing interface we could actually find these threads. No offense Sherdog, but you really need an overhaul of the forums

I got excited when I saw Jon Jones beat Bonnar who probably wasn't Top 10. I'm not saying Brown will win a belt, but the guy is very legit at 170 which is probably the deepest division in MMA at this time. Give the guy a top 5 fight and see how he does. I was super impressed last night and I predicted Jones and Weidman would wear belts the first time I saw those guys fight. Not saying Brown will wear a belt, I'm saying I 'm good at judging talent when I see it and I think Brown might be able to hang in the Top 5. Give him a contender fight and lets see what he can do. The guy has earned that right and he is super exciting to watch.

Agreed.

I thought the same thing when I first saw Jones, Cain, Pettis and Weidman... I also thought it when I saw Dunham, so I'm not perfect lol

But I don't see it with Brown. I love, love, LOVE watching Brown fight and I think he'll stick around the top 10 for a while... but I don't see him getting that strap. Too much wrestling, strength and finesse in the top 5. Brown will give ANYONE a hell of a fight, he might even win some against the top 5, but I just can't see him getting to the title and I certainly can't see him winning it and holding it.

Back