Matchups to make after UFC 251

Jiří Procházka vs winner of Santos vs Texeira

O
The welterweight title (and implications for the rest of the division)
Usman vs Burns.
Edwards vs Wonderboy for next shot.
Masvidal vs Colby (I think Edwards - Masvidal makes more sense, cuz Wonderboy would be a stretch for a title shot, but if Edwards loses that, you have no next contender)

The featherweight title (and implications for the division)

Zombie and Ortega better get made quick, or else fuck it, go straight to:
Volk vs Zombie
Zabit vs Yair for next (which, for fuck's sake Zabit, should be a goddamned 5-rounder)
Holloway vs Kattar/Ige winner (Holloway shouldn't drop too far, but should need a fight or three before the trilogy, so he should get a high ranked winner)

The bantamweight title (and implications for the division)

Sterling defends his title against Yan. (Get that fake belt outta my face)
Not many definite number 1 contender fights unless Moraes waits for his shot, otherwise, he can fight Sandhagen.
Cody should wait for Munhoz/Edgar winner.
Aldo is 2 losses in a new division after a long career. Despite his high regard, he should drop a bunch in rankings and consider his current drive. Throw some suggestions at him and Cruz for a stay busy fight between 2 vets who could be higher ranked than they currently deserve.

The strawweight title (and implications for the divisions)
Rose vs Zhang
Jessica's next fight is hard to call. Suarez still got neck problems. Nina's due with child in September. Joanna rematch is always there if Joanna is still interested, but the division is otherwise stalled until Esparza-Rodriguez and Xiaonan-Gadelha plays out.
Unless the UFC gives Ribas a ranked flyweight, she drops back to Straw with limited options. If I had to book her now, it's against Torres, the only one around her unbooked. If you wanna wait: I think if Rodriguez and Xiaonan win, they deserve to be bumped to top consideration, the top 5ish area, but if Esparza or Gadelha win, either are good for an interesting Ribas grappling matchup. There's already a fair few fights on the books, so it's hard to fix right now, just gotta wait.
zQO3CR4.png

The rest of the card
If we are offering Ribas a ranked opponent to stay at flyweight, #12 Montana de La Rosa
Paige VanZant vs Deanna Bennett (Invicta)
Jiri Prochazka vs Corey Anderson
Volkan Oezdemir vs Nikita Krylov
Muslim Salikhov vs Jake Matthews
Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos vs Warlley Alves
Mawkan Amirkhani vs Andre Fili
Danny Henry vs Chase Hooper
Leonardo Santos vs Dariush/Holtzman winner
Roman Bogatov vs Marcin Wrzosek (KSW)

Pre-prelims
Marcin Tybura vs Pessoa/Tafa winner
Maxim Grishin vs Ben Sosoli
Raulian Paiva vs David Dvorak
Zhalagas Zhumagulov vs Bruno Silva
Karol Rosa vs Kianzad/Correia winner
Vanessa Melo should be cut for 3 losses and missing weight by 5 pounds or fed to a featherweight to bolster someone's wins up there, like Norma Dumont Viana
Davey Grant vs Benito Lopez.
Martin Day to PFL.. vs Bao Yincang? Idk.
Perfect

Back