Matchmaking question?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Listening to Woodley speak after his win, he seems adamant about only taking big $$$$ fights such as, Nick D. And GSP.

I totally understand where he is coming from due to what McNugget has been accomplish in the money arena but, my question is, what happens if the UFC does not consider granting Woodley any money fights and, rather pair him up with more deserving contenders that lack the WOW factor?

Basically I wanna know what happens if their is an impasse? Neither party can agree on what the next bout ought to be....There is no union so having an independent arbitrator is out the window.

Now that some fighters are really starting to see some decent paychecks, I think this issue is going to continue to arise and I wonder how they will appease all parties?

Thoughts?

UFC has final say. Or the fighter gets sidelined and can't make a living.

He has no real leverage besides sitting out and making no big money at all.

He'll pull the race card again. The boss needs to step up and say here is your offer, your next one will be less, your counter will be half.

Woodley doesn't have the power here. He needs the UFC and the UFC title to make money. The UFC doesn't need him. If he wants to fighter Fighter X, and the UFC wants him to fight Fighter Y, and there's a standoff, Woodley will be the first to break. If he doesn't break, then a fight won't get made, he'll sit out even more, and the UFC will have incentive to strip him after long enough, and won't mind doing it.

Ultimately he'll have to fight who the UFC wants him to fight. That's one of the advantages of MMA having the UFC. It's why for the most part we get to see the best fight the best.

He will fight whoever UFC wants him to fight

a week ago he was happy just to be in title fight

now he wants the woodley act the mma version of the ali act

guy needs to get with the program wonderboy gna ko him stiff he doesnt move the needle

Back