• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matches to make after Perez vs Taira

GibsterMMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Tatsuro Taira vs Brandon Moreno
Alex Perez RECOVER
Miles Johns vs Simon/Oliveira winner
Douglas Silva de Andrade vs Davey Grant
Lucas Almeida vs William Gomis
Timmy Cuamba vs Francis Marshall
Brady Hiestand vs Rinya Nakamura
Garrett Armfield vs Bekzat Almakhan
Asu Almabaev vs David Dvorak
Jose Johnson vs Lucas Rocha
Adam Fugitt vs Kevin Jousset
Josh Quinlan vs Pete Rodriguez
Nate Maness vs Maksum/Vergara winner
Jimmy Flick vs Felipe Bunes
Gabriella Fernandes vs Dione Barbosa
Carli Judice vs Mariya Agapova (with loss)
Westin Wilson vs Gabriel Santos
Jeka Saragih vs AJ Cunningham
Melquizael Costa vs Morgan Charriere
Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs Amil/Lee loser
Josefine Knutsson vs Elise Reed
Julia Polastri vs Bruna Brasil (win loss)

Went with Moreno for Taira because I believe Royval and Albazi are fighting along with Kara-France and Erceg, winner of Mokaev vs Kape is also possible along with waiting for the winner of KKF vs Erceg

They will do Taira vs Pantoja in Japan with Kai asakura as Co main.

UFC doesn't care about Pantoja as a champ. Taira can sell in a country like Japan for sure if he wins.

UFC doesn't care about Pantoja as a champ. Taira can sell in a country like Japan for sure if he wins.
I really hope they do that now

Cut everyone other than:

Taira, Perez, Johns, Almeida, Almabaev, Maness, Costa.

That would be cool but i think they'll do 1 more fight for Taira before that.

Went with Moreno for Taira because I believe Royval and Albazi are fighting along with Kara-France and Erceg, winner of Mokaev vs Kape is also possible along with waiting for the winner of KKF vs Erceg

Did Moreno decide he's coming back? Last time I checked he said he was taking like a year off for mental health reasons or something. I like the fight, though.

Why would the champion go to his opponent's home? That's nonsense. Pantoja vs Taira should be in Brazil or the USA.

Why would the champion go to his opponent's home? That's nonsense. Pantoja vs Taira should be in Brazil or the USA.

Many fighters want to fight in japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Pantoja would be interested in it.

Cause no one in Brazil cares about Pantoja? UFC makes more money in Japan with Kai and Taira then they do with a Champion no one watches even in Brazil. UFC is a business Pantoja doesn't get to choose

Why would the champion go to his opponent's home?
Why not?

It happens all the time. Anderson SIlva went right to Rich Franklins backyard to defend his belt against him in their rematch

no one cried or made babies when he did that

Islam went to australia to fight Volk

its not weird at all.

As long as the crowd is rabid for ONE person there is money to be made for both guys

Many fighters want to fight in japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Pantoja would be interested in it.
I don't know about Pantoja but most champions don't want to defend their titles on their opponent's home.

I don't know about Pantoja but most champions don't want to defend their titles on their opponent's home.

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. They do what the UFC tells them too. Foreign champs come to defend in the US all the damn time.

Pantoja, dont risk fresh contenders with Moreno.

It takes a long time for UFC to schedule events in other countries, they aren't going to Japan any time soon just because of Taira. Just like UFC Africa isn't happening this year just because Du Plessis is champ.

Reactions: HHJ
Cause no one in Brazil cares about Pantoja? UFC makes more money in Japan with Kai and Taira then they do with a Champion no one watches even in Brazil. UFC is a business Pantoja doesn't get to choose
Do you have numbers to support your claim that no one cares about Pantoja? He headlined UFC 301 and the arena was packed.

Pantoja's instagram has 257k followers, Taira's instagram has only 77k followers...

Do you have numbers to support your claim that no one cares about Pantoja? He headlined UFC 301 and the arena was packed.

Pantoja's instagram has 257k followers, Taira's instagram has only 77k followers...
The Arena wasn't sold out in Brazil and they were trying to get Alex to fight right after 300. Not to mention the crowd literally left as Pantoja was giving his post fight.

K-1 fighters and Japanese boxers don't have insanely high follower counts either but they seem to be able to push tickets in big stadiums. Not to mention Kai Asakura being on the card would be a massive push for sales. Kid is the Jake paul of Japan

It takes a long time for UFC to schedule events in other countries, they aren't going to Japan any time soon just because of Taira. Just like UFC Africa isn't happening this year just because Du Plessis is champ.
UFC has wanted to do something in Japan for a bit. Dana has met with the RIZIN CEO multiple times. Plus they have been there before.

Also they had Korean Zombie fight in Singapore this year. They can push Kai and Taira as UFC guys in Japan easily.

Going to japan isn't some new thing for them like going to africa would be lol.

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. They do what the UFC tells them too. Foreign champs come to defend in the US all the damn time.
This is different because the UFC is an American company and most fans are Americans so it makes sense that foreign champions will fight american contenders in the US.

But how many times has a UFC champion defended his title against a Japanese fighter in Japan?

or against a Brazilian fighter in Brazil? Or against a British contender in the UK?

Back