Matches to Make after Hendricks vs Thompson

They'll give Hendricks a real winnable fight next.

Hendricks vs Gunnar Nelson
Wonderboy vs Lawler

Lawler vs Woodley
Thompson vs Condit
Magny/Lombard loser vs Hendricks
Magny/Lombard winner vs McDonald
Nick Diaz vs Maia

Sounds good but I would rather see Nick Diaz fight Matt Brown, Patrick Coté or Donald Cerrone. If he gets an impressive win then fight a top 5 opponent like Maia.

Sounds good but I would rather see Nick Diaz fight Matt Brown, Patrick Coté or Donald Cerrone. If he gets an impressive win then fight a top 5 opponent like Maia.

Very true! But with Zuffa, we have to think within their "reality".. Which is clouded with $ signs. So even though Nick has not won in awhile, the UFC views him as an earner, he will get another "named fighter" to come back against.. Prob a co-main or even a main event fight. Out of those you list, all three imo would be good, and hard fights for Nick. Would be nice to see him "earn" a top five opponent. But only Cerrone moves the needle of those you listed.. Then include the back story of Cerrone losing to Nate, then that fight would sale for sure. But Cote, Brown? For true fans, and Martial Artists, yes! But for entertainment based Zuffa and its fans, a rematch vs Condit, a rematch vs Lawler, a fight against Bisping, and a fight with Maia is what they want to see. As a fan of Nick, I think he needs to "ease" back in against Cote, or someone out of the top ten, but doubt that happens.

Very true! But with Zuffa, we have to think within their "reality".. Which is clouded with $ signs. So even though Nick has not won in awhile, the UFC views him as an earner, he will get another "named fighter" to come back against.. Prob a co-main or even a main event fight. Out of those you list, all three imo would be good, and hard fights for Nick. Would be nice to see him "earn" a top five opponent. But only Cerrone moves the needle of those you listed.. Then include the back story of Cerrone losing to Nate, then that fight would sale for sure. But Cote, Brown? For true fans, and Martial Artists, yes! But for entertainment based Zuffa and its fans, a rematch vs Condit, a rematch vs Lawler, a fight against Bisping, and a fight with Maia is what they want to see. As a fan of Nick, I think he needs to "ease" back in against Cote, or someone out of the top ten, but doubt that happens.

Personally I don't mind seeing Nick fight top 5 opponents but I do want him to get at least two wins under his belt so that he remains relevant because if he looses again it will definitely diminish his bargaining power. I guess if the UFC is looking for big fights for him then Hector Lombard would be another great opponent if he beats Magny.

Wonderboy just absolutely steamrolled a top 3 guy who recently had and fought for the title

To do anything other than a TS is stupid IMO

Lawler/Thompson
Woodley vs. Maia/Brown winner
Hendricks vs. Rory McDonald
OSP vs. Gus
Benavidez vs. Reis
Scoggins vs. Smolka

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member