Matches to make after Fight Night 41 & TUF Brazil Finale 3

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm not going to do matchups for all of the fighters, mostly because I'm unfamiliar with a lot of them. Some fights I'd like to see are:

Gegard Mousasi vs. Tim Kennedy: Tim said he wanted the winner of this morning main event, and Gegard mentioned him as a possible opponent as well. They're close to each other in the rankings, and both are coming off of main event wins.

Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem: Stipe made the best of a bad situation by dispatching Maldonado quickly and easily. He deserves a chance at someone high in the heavyweight division, but JDS is probably going to be out a while thanks to a broken hand. The winner of this fight would probably only one win away from a title shot.

CB Dollaway vs. Yoel Romero: Two tough middleweights on the way up, who will take a step towards title contention?

Luri Alcantara vs. Johnny Eduardo: Both guys are coming off of highlight reel KO victories. I think it'd be a great fight.

Mark Munoz vs. Costa Philippou: Mark was dealt with his second straight defeat, but both were to very high level fighters. I think a fight with Costa would show us if Munoz is still a top ten talent or not. It could also show us how high Philippou's ceiling is.

Francis Carmont vs. Brad Tavares: Both fighters were on long streaks before recent setbacks, and both have been criticized for not being very exciting. Despite both being ranked in the top fifteen, the loser of this fight might be on the chopping block for that reason. I think it'd bring out the best in both guys.

Fabio Maldonado vs. Anthony Perosh: I just think this would be a fun fight between two middle of the road LHWs.

Mark Munoz vs Brad Tavares

Francis Carmont vs Tim Boetsch

Agree with the others

JDS vs Stipe

I don't see any reason for Stipe to wait that long before his next fight. He took no damage tonight and JDS is probably out till next year.

Gegard vs Luke Rockhold is a better fight.

Good fights, nice thread.

I want CB vs Costas and Munoz vs Romero

This Miocic vs Maldonado fight was a farce and a complete waste of mma fans time! Maldonado who was basically unheard of lasts a stinking 35 seconds. How the hell do they kick the likes of Kongo and Lavar Johnson out of the UFC and have an unrated guy like this get a fight with a top 10 contender. White and Rogan need a swift orange kick up the wazoo!! Wasn't Gonzaga or Mir available??? What about Barnett??? What a freaking joke. I'm glad i wasn't one of the paying customers to watch this overhyped mismatch!

This Miocic vs Maldonado fight was a farce and a complete waste of mma fans time! Maldonado who was basically unheard of lasts a stinking 35 seconds. How the hell do they kick the likes of Kongo and Lavar Johnson out of the UFC and have an unrated guy like this get a fight with a top 10 contender. White and Rogan need a swift orange kick up the wazoo!! Wasn't Gonzaga or Mir available??? What about Barnett??? What a freaking joke. I'm glad i wasn't one of the paying customers to watch this overhyped mismatch!
You don't have cable?

They needed a Brazilian to headline and Stipe beat Gonzaga in his last fight.

It was a shit main event but it was probably the best they could do at the time.

Stipe vs Travis Browne.......

C min...

Maldonado vs Overeem in Japan

Munoz vs Carmont
Miocic vs Arlovski/Shut down winner

Miocic vs Arlovski/Schaub, JDS
Maldonado vs Manuwa
Maia vs Saffiedine
Mousasi vs Kennedy
Munoz vs Tavares
Dolloway vs Leites
Carmont vs Boetsch

I'd prefer Gegard-Kennedy because I like both fighters and want both to go on winning streaks, but if they did Mousasi-Rockhold next that'd be a FOTY candidate without a doubt. I'm not sure I want them to make it now though since that needs 5 rounds and I'm not sure it'd get it if they made it right now.

1. Lavar's gotten his ass kicked since leaving the UFC. And Kongo left after contract negotiations because he demanded 70k to show and was no longer able to win relevant fights.

2. Maldonado isn't unheard of. Was fighting up a weight class to save the event and was on a 3 fight win streak.

3. Your replacement suggestions are Gonzaga, which would be an instant rematch of a fight Stipe dominated, and Mir, who is on a four fight losing streak. Or Barnett, who is currently letting his brain heal after a brutal knockout. So out of your three suggestions, zero make any sense.

4. You don't know half as much about this sport as you act like you do.

Back