Match up Welter-weights

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Larkin, Wonderboy, Gunar, DHK, Benson, Maia, Masvidal, and Rory.

There are some interesting match-ups to be made here.

Benson vs. DHK
Maia vs. Gunnar
Masvidal vs. Larkin
Rory vs. Wonderboy

I'm not a fan of Maia vs. Gunnar because I think Maia deserves a higher ranked opponent, but since Brown is booked I think these match ups look good.

Benson vs. DHK
Maia vs. Gunnar
Masvidal vs. Larkin
Rory vs. Wonderboy

I'm not a fan of Maia vs. Gunnar because I think Maia deserves a higher ranked opponent, but since Brown is booked I think these match ups look good.

Good matchups

Benson vs anyone at 170 is interesting.

I think he'll do well if he's packing on some functional weight as he said he would. The only thing I'm worried about is him losing his cardio due to the increased mass; but If he can bulk a bit, and keep his cardio then he will do fine—his skill level has been elite for years now.

Larkin, Wonderboy, Gunar, DHK, Benson, Maia, Masvidal, and Rory.

There are some interesting match-ups to be made here.

Benson vs. Story/Silva Winner
Wonderboy vs. DHK
Gunnar vs. Maia
Larkin vs. Masvidal
Rory vs. Lombard (Give Rory the rest of the year off after that war. Remake the Lombard fight in January.)

Benson vs. Story/Silva Winner
Wonderboy vs. DHK
Gunnar vs. Maia
Larkin vs. Masvidal
Rory vs. Lombard (Give Rory the rest of the year off after that war. Remake the Lombard fight in January.)

Not bad, not bad. Masvidal vs. Larkin is interesting. I like the wonderboy vs. DHK fight too.

Not bad, not bad. Masvidal vs. Larkin is interesting. I like the wonderboy vs. DHK fight too.

Thanks man.

Bendo vs. Silva/Story and DHK vs. Wonderboy should main and co main the Korea card. Those two fights plus Thatch/Hyun Gyu Lim and Do Ho Choi vs. Maximo Blanco would make a great 4 fight Fight Pass main card.

Thanks man.

Bendo vs. Silva/Story and DHK vs. Wonderboy should main and co main the Korea card. Those two fights plus Thatch/Hyun Gyu Lim and Do Ho Choi vs. Maximo Blanco would make a great 4 fight Fight Pass main card.

Sounds good to me. I'm not sure if Benson would fight story; I'm pretty sure they roll together every day. Story gives Benson credit for a lot of the improvements that he has been showing lately. I guess they'll deal with that if it ever gets to that point.

Sounds good to me. I'm not sure if Benson would fight story; I'm pretty sure they roll together every day. Story gives Benson credit for a lot of the improvements that he has been showing lately. I guess they'll deal with that if it ever gets to that point.

This is very true I didn't realize this. Makes me hope Silva wins even more because Bendo/Erick is a great matchup.

Benson vs. DHK
Maia vs. Gunnar
Masvidal vs. Larkin
Rory vs. Wonderboy

How about Maia vs the winner of Brown-Gastelum?

How about Maia vs the winner of Brown-Gastelum?

I doubt maia would wait that long, but it would be a befitting match up in regards to rankings.

Thanks man.

Bendo and Story won't fight.
Training buddies.

This is very true I didn't realize this. Makes me hope Silva wins even more because Bendo/Erick is a great matchup.

Bendo/Silva is very interesting, similar situation to the Thatch fight, but Silva is also very dangerous on the ground. I think Bendo weathers the early storm though.

Benson vs. DHK
Maia vs. Gunnar
Masvidal vs. Larkin
Rory vs. Wonderboy

I like it. Benson-DHK is a toss-up, DHK is huge and won't get outgrappled. Maia could conceivably grind out a SD against Gunnar, but might get lit up on the feet before he gets a chance to do anything. Larkin could get picked apart on the feet by Masvidal, but Jorge's backpedalling ways nay cost him another decision. Rory will grind Wonderboy to a pulp.

Back