Masvidal winning would be TERRIBLE for the 170 division

Colby was tko'd and sent back home with a broken jaw & Masvidal who never really put in any real danger, did manage to survive to a decision with a short camp.

What a crazy notion. A manipulative, Dishonest and emotional statement. Colbys performance was much more impressive than masvidals under absolutely any circumstance. Not sure how to even continue discussion if we can't get on the same page about that.

What a crazy notion. A manipulative, Dishonest and emotional statement. Colbys performance was much more impressive than masvidals under absolutely any circumstance. Not sure how to even continue discussion if we can't get on the same page about that.

I'm bringing up points and you're not even refuting what I've said so it's not really a discussion. You're certainly right, Colby put up the better performance for sure, but he also took more damage and was in more danger. Masvidal looked worse, but he also put up a better fight defensively and was in no real threat, he also allegedly took the fight on short notice so maybe we will see an improvement.

Either way, he will rematch either guy so don't know why you're crying so much.

Last edited:
Did that chick in the OP photoshop her knee?
<Huh2>
Why are you looking at Amanda Ribas knee?
200.gif

Just another guy who's going to hold up the weight class and duck all of the fighters who actually deserve a title shot. He's not going to fight Colby. He won't fight Edwards. He'll probably give Nate Diaz a title shot, or even worse, a guy like Conor McGregor.

I respect fighters who are trying to make the most money possible, but you can't deny that it often times negatively affects the weight class. I hope Usman starches him.

Here, have some cake

8bc0onb8wp561.png

You're right. But then consider you also have Usmans manager few weeks ago saying Diaz is #1 contender if he beats Leon. So one way or another Diaz is being worked in there for a title fight.

Isn't that what Usman is doing this fight? Granted it to an undeserving contender. Shot should've went to Edwards straight up.
I like Edwards, but he isn't the most deserving. The win streak is impressive, but his only win against a current top 10 WW is Luque, and their fight was so long ago neither fighter was top 15.

You're right. But then consider you also have Usmans manager few weeks ago saying Diaz is #1 contender if he beats Leon. So one way or another Diaz is being worked in there for a title fight.

Lol I must've missed that.

I will say this though, Usman fighting Diaz (if he beats Edwards) makes more sense than if Mas was to do the same, considering Marty has already beaten most of the other top contenders in the division.

If Masvidal wins, he wins. Usman losing means he lost to the better fighter that night.
Even if Masvidal wins, he likely won't hold the belt for long.
Unless he ducks everyone that would most likely beat him. I mean, other then a punchers chance, thats all he has against Usman, but anything can happen in MMA, so if he does win, i would suspect a Nate rematch, or Conor like OP mentioned. Doubt he fights Colby or Edwards.

Unless he ducks everyone that would most likely beat him. I mean, other then a punchers chance, thats all he has against Usman, but anything can happen in MMA, so if he does win, i would suspect a Nate rematch, or Conor like OP mentioned. Doubt he fights Colby or Edwards.
Fair point. I'm counting on Leon to smoke Nate, and I'm counting on Dustin to finish Conor. But like you said anything can happen.

Would be hilarious for Jorge to beat Usman only to then lost to Nate/Conor

Fair point. I'm counting on Leon to smoke Nate, and I'm counting on Dustin to finish Conor. But like you said anything can happen.

Would be hilarious for Jorge to beat Usman only to then lost to Nate/Conor
Well, we already know he beat Nate, and I would bet he beats Conor as well, especially the Conor that Dustin KO'd.

Masvidal has earned it. Put yourself in his shoes. He came up from fighting in the street, did it the right way, 50 pro fights, finally in the title picture, let him enjoy his success. Imagine him 5 years ago watching loud mouth McG make 30 mil for boxing Floyd. Mas deserves it.
Masvidal spending the majority of his career as a mediocre journeyman until learning to promote means he deserves a shot off of a loss? Mas deserves fuckall. Let him go to the back of the line with Colby and fight his way back to a shot.

Masvidal spending the majority of his career as a mediocre journeyman until learning to promote means he deserves a shot off of a loss? Mas deserves fuckall. Let him go to the back of the line with Colby and fight his way back to a shot.
Nah. Usman stalled the whole fight. Masvidal made Usman rich. Who you think Usman wants to fight again? Let them bang together again, to the victor go the spoils. If Masvidal loses he probably won’t sniff the title again, and ride off into the sunset beating up Diaz bros for millions of dollars. Usman can retire and go back to Nigeria and become a prince.

Nah. Usman stalled the whole fight. Masvidal made Usman rich. Who you think Usman wants to fight again? Let them bang together again, to the victor go the spoils. If Masvidal loses he probably won’t sniff the title again, and ride off into the sunset beating up Diaz bros for millions of dollars. Usman can retire and go back to Nigeria and become a prince.
Usman did what he had to do to dominate the fight. It wasn't my favorite fight and probably won't watch a third time.
Here's hoping he just fades away. There's this narrative going on right now that he's some world beater because he beat up Nate and landed a one-in-a-million knee against Askren. He's still the guy who got dropped by Chiesa, tuned up by Wonderboy, and loses pretty much any time he takes a step up.

As for who made what money, who gives a fuck? If every fighter isn't getting a portion of the gate or ppv sales, then it's just another cheap way to sell meh fights.

I don’t think Usman winning does that much for the division. So far, Usman is mostly a boring wrestler with no personality. He may be getting better for every fight though so he could turn into something spectacular, and being undefeated would mean a lot. Masvidal winning would only hurt Usman, not the WW division. Masvidal would likely lose in his first defence unless he cherry picks someone he can beat, but most guys in the top 10 should beat him with ease.

You think Diaz and Conor are the worst he'll do? Sadly you're mistaken TS.

If Masvidal wins it will be far worse, he will probably try to box one of the Paul brothers, Canelo, Floyd, or something even more unimaginably awful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back