• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Masvidal-Askren greatest KO of all time?

I’m just bummed we never really saw Askrens vs Masvidals grappling.

Askren went for the TD, moved his head left anticipating the left knee, the got floored with the right knee. That was some bad fight IQ, no harm in faking an initial TD.

I just wish he came to the UFC 5 years ago and not in his mid to late 30s. He should retire after a shot like that and the posturing.

Askren fan for life and his bellator run was a treat to watch.

It's always gonna be Hendo/Bisping for me but that was damn awesome. Probably 2nd best on my list.

It was maybe the most satisfying KO's in history, but in time it will settle outside the top 5 due to its lack of importance.

I think it was the best finish that could have happened. The build up and Masvidal had only a few ways to win without Ben grabbing a hold of him I think it was great. You could say it may have been flukish but it really wasn't. His intention was to land that and he did.

Not really pure luck if he was ready for the takedown
He was 100% ready for a flying knee
Askren not shooting would saved him, Masvidal planned on starting the fight like that according to Poirier from a text from Mike Brown lol.

its one of the best opening round KO's in existence. maybe behind Aldo Conor

Undefeated dude who every 'non casual' thought was the best

It’s an odd one for me. Great ko? Absolutely. But Askren literally had no idea what to do with Jorge coming at him like that, so he, essentially, made the ko possible by sucking at standup and ducking his head into it. Don’t get me wrong, Ben is tough and all, but christ, how do you just throw your head at a flying knee like that?

This is the best one to me

spEt5FQ.gif

I don’t believe in fluke knockouts, but this one has me rethinking that notion.

Yes

Fastest KO ever and to who it was against
I mean, Lawler couldn't put him away dropping him on his head and BRUTAL ground n pound

This KO was just insane and that record will never be beaten, imo
It was a running knee to the temple anyone goes put cold from that from anyone

Back