Master Gracey Joo-Jitsoo

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Gavin LeFever, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Earn yor black belt in 3.5 years!

http://www.thegrapplingblueprint.com/sqe1.htm

i personally am a little bit ashamed to catch this in the sherdog sponsor spam. i mean, you've got to pay the bills but that's just McDojo all over it.

( note Lloyd Irvin is apperantly legit, but the "earn your bb in 3.5 yrs" tag = :/ )

2. Waxwingslain

Waxwingslain oiseau rebelle

Haven't tried it but apparently it's all about your mental approach.

Sounds pretty doubtful but I've seen experienced judoka etc go to black belt in 5 years or so.

3. johil d'o

johil d'o Thought Warrior

Honestly, don't waste your money. You could buy a sports psychology book at amazon.com that is better organized. Lloyd's product does not live up the hype IMO and is not terribly grappling or fighting specific. It's got loads of general platitudes and mental exercises. Don't expect anything new and innovative. "Map out your short and long term goals. Then work diligently toward your goals." Not worth the $100+ price tag.

4. Gsoares2***

Gsoares2*** Banned Banned

he speaks the truth

5. ichimonji

ichimonji Blue Belt

this is howeveer not meant to say that the mental aspect of BJJ has no real place in the sport. I feel very strongly that properly attuned mental focuses, specific personalized training, and postive goals setting strategies will make the man. Visualization off the mat increases technical application and studying strategies teaches an all around greater udnerstanding of the sport.

But the money is kinda steep.

6. guardpasser

guardpasser Tudo Bem Bjj

does mike fowler use the grappling blue print?

7. judogido

judogido Aussie!, Aussie!, Aussie! ...

Wow! Brilliant. Why didnt I think of that! I'm gonna start mapping my goals and working diligently right now...

8. Sanni Wehbe

Sanni Wehbe Amateur Fighter

9. S.D.Force

S.D.Force Blue Belt

his product the "grappling game plan" was the first thing to come out. I got it, and was dissappointed. It's just basically what the post above says. Even worse, Lloyd Irvin (creator) is not in any of the pictures, his voice isn't on the tapes, and CLEARLY when you hear the audio CD's he is NOT the one who wrote that material. Obviously he went to a professional to do the final writing and editing. In addition, it comes with a DVD for game planning technique. And again, Irvin is NOT anywhere to be found on the tape. Mike Fowler does this tape also.

Absolutely, worst of all, is the multi level marketing/Amway approach he takes to marketing his products. He only tells you some basic info. and hype but really no meat. Which is why, of course, everybody was dissapointed when they got the product. If he was honest most people wouldn't have bought it.

In all fairness though, i think the grappling "blue print" is some other product of his that he will put out at a later date.

10. thaiking

thaiking Guest

accually Lloyd is real legit, don't knw aout his pogam, but wen I trained at ATT muay thai some guys there told me Lloyd gives them a run for there money at tournaments

11. VampireMonk

VampireMonk Black Belt

your ability to kick ass has nothing to do with being a good teacher.

and being a good teacher has nothing to do with
    good business ethics.

sad....

I hear the same type of crap about Matt Furey

12. thaiking

thaiking Guest

point tacken

13. tsneds

tsneds White Belt

Could you give a review of this product if you have it,I'm thinking about purchasing it in the future. What sports psychology books would you recommend instead?

14. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

the grappling gameplan focuses on acceralted learning by using mental imaging and such, lloyd has a lot of students are are grappling phenoms so he mst be doing somethng right.

15. Clifford

Clifford Guest

Matt Furey is trash, I'd submit him.

16. Gsoares2***

Gsoares2*** Banned Banned

Basically alls you need to get your black belt is undevided attention from Lloyd Irvin...
    Imagine if you had a black belt coach.. coaching you specificaly on your specific game. He came to all your tournaments and analyzed footage of your fights with you. Pin pointing things you needed to work on to become more complete. He developed a training regime specifically for you, and helped you work through every facet of it.. and got on your ass when you didnt.

Lloyd has Mike Folwer, and Ryan Hall.. he has invested everything in them.. so that he can claim anyone can do it.

Anyone can do it if you have someone who is willing to invest everything in you... trouble is finding that.

17. blanko

blanko Guest

you mean if you are a pheanom like fowler and hall..

18. johil d'o

johil d'o Thought Warrior

GSoares2 makes a good point about all the attention Lloyd has given those guys.

Lloyd Irvin's students, Fowler and Hall, have done very well (with Lloyd's system, I assume). But those guys are absolute gym rats, who have talent to begin with, and they are on the mat several hours training every day.

Those guys are gym rats!!

I am much more interested to hear about any success stories involving a 32-year old accountant that did BJJ a couple times a week accelerating his progress and getting the purple in 2 years and his black belt in 4 years. That would be a real testament to the Grappling Game Plan. I don't think Fowler's or Hall's stories translate to your average grapplers that want to improve.