• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
If killing Mordin is the most evil act you can commit in the ME Trilogy, this is a close 2nd.

Played this back in May and had a blast. The Suicide Mission still gave me chills when that music kicked in and Tali's talking about the vents getting hot. Who knew Jack was the secret best romance all along? It was my first time playing the Citadel DLC and it lived up to the hype. Thoughtful, funny and clearly a DLC made out of pure love.

The third game's final act still sucks, Bioware wrote themselves into a corner with ME2, theu shafted so many ME2 characters and blah blah. Doesn't matter much now. It was nice to finally play this on PC with a smooth controller experience instead of mod jankiness.

Andromeda can't be the worst Mass Effect game because Kai Leng exists and nothing in Andromeda is as bad as that dork! Runs away.

Last edited:
Andromeda can't be the worst Mass Effect game because Kai Leng exists and nothing in Andromeda is as bad as that dork! Runs aways.

I always thought it was a missed opportunity that Kai Leng was just a normal enhanced assassin. A clone of shepherd would have been much better. Have it so the illusive man was able to use reaper technology to create a younger version of him but have him masked most of the game until it's revealed halfway through or something like that.

I always thought it was a missed opportunity that Kai Leng was just a normal enhanced assassin. A clone of shepherd would have been much better. Have it so the illusive man was able to use reaper technology to create a younger version of him but have him masked most of the game until it's revealed halfway through or something like that.

That's a great idea, would have been awesome.

The third game's final act still sucks, Bioware wrote themselves into a corner with ME2, theu shafted so many ME2 characters and blah blah.

No, EA was like 'Woah, you released ME2 only two years after ME1, so that means you can release ME3 two years after ME2."

That entire two years basically was entirely crunch, and it overworked the entire development team, and they still had to make several narrative shortcuts like basically giving most characters from ME2 a glorified cameo, dictating you saved the council at the end of ME1, saying the Racknai (sp?) queen was alive (ME1 choice to kill her was negated), and made several other narrative choices completely irrelevant (Keeping or destroying the collector base at the end of ME2).

So, as good as ME was as a trilogy, its still soured by what the potential the 3rd entry had but it didn't come anywhere close to fulfilling expectations because EA execs wanted alittle money now rather than alot later.

Seriously, the ME trilogy could have been so popular it would have transcended beyond the medium of video games and became a globally popular IP like The Witcher.

Mass Effect was the first SciFi franchise of the 2010s that had a shitty ending.

Mass Effect
Star Wars
Star Trek (the shows, moreso than the movies)
Game of Thrones

Started playing a bit again and it was really easy to get back into (took about a month break). Game still feels really smooth, and didn't feel like I took a month break at all. Gonna try to get through ME2 hopefully by the end of the month but should be a little sooner than that.

Mass Effect was the first SciFi franchise of the 2010s that had a shitty ending.

I used to think that ME3 sucked when I first played it like 2 years after ME2.

But after playing the whole Legendary Edition in like 6 weeks, I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks ME3 was actually really good and the ending was totally fine as long as you were playing the game. The ending cinematic was underwhelming of course..

That said, I'm always been more into seeing the consequences of my action during the game and not in the end slides.

But after playing the whole Legendary Edition in like 6 weeks, I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks ME3 was actually really good and the ending was totally fine as long as you were playing the game. The ending cinematic was underwhelming of course..

That said, I'm always been more into seeing the consequences of my action during the game and not in the end slides.

The timing for this reply is ironic.

I was just discussing ME3 in the thread I made in Mayberry for the ME Amazon series, and encouraging someone to play the Remastered Trilogy, but saying the 3rd game doesn't fulfill expectations.

Wish appletv would have picked this up instead. Apple TV has been putting in some crazy money for their shows. All their shit is top quality which is what a show like this needs. Amazon might do the same but with appletv I know they would.

Think Amazon are starting to do that now. On that Wheel of Time show that's just come out each episode had a $10million budget

Think Amazon are starting to do that now. On that Wheel of Time show that's just come out each episode had a $10million budget

Yea I've heard good things about Wheel of time as far as budget goes so that's good to hear. It's the same with The Expanse they aren't being cheap about it. So I am hopeful that they will do the same here.

Wish appletv would have picked this up instead. Apple TV has been putting in some crazy money for their shows. All their shit is top quality which is what a show like this needs. Amazon might do the same but with appletv I know they would.
They might have huge budgets, but outside the nature docs, Ted Lasso is still the only really good show they've made. They don't really know the craft of showrunning, yet, it seems.

They might have huge budgets, but outside the nature docs, Ted Lasso is still the only really good show they've made. They don't really know the craft of showrunning, yet, it seems.

I've only watched Ted Lasso and The Foundation which I think both are fantastic. I was going to start Invasion but I just heard from a buddy to avoid it. Also heard good things about Mythic Quest but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. The thing about Mass Effect is it already has it's lore and story built out so they really don't need to do anything but recreate it. Which I think is going to be key here. Once you start trying to change the lore\story things will start to go downhill fast.

Thank god Netflix didn't get this. They would have run it into the ground. They don't seem to understand the concept of just simply recreating a story and leaving the source material intact. No matter how many times they get backlash for it.

I just picked this up......PS Store has it like 40% off right now.

Reactions: hsz
Amazon had Steam keys on sale for 10 bucks. Sold out real fucking quick before I could nab one.

It was never terrible, and more a victim of absurdly high expectations. Especially regarding the ending. It was a little cheap and limiting, but my God, if you read the complaints about it at the time, you'd think people expected the game to track every single decision you ever made throughout the entire trilogy, and craft about 1000 unique endings to suit every possible decision the player made.

There were worse things about it than the ending, like hiding a significant chunk of the game behind a paywall, if you didn't have a Day 1 edition. As an entire experience though, it was fine, if not a little disappointing coming off what is argued as one of the greatest games ever made.

It was never terrible, and more a victim of absurdly high expectations. Especially regarding the ending. It was a little cheap and limiting, but my God, if you read the complaints about it at the time, you'd think people expected the game to track every single decision you ever made throughout the entire trilogy, and craft about 1000 unique endings to suit every possible decision the player made.

There were worse things about it than the ending, like hiding a significant chunk of the game behind a paywall, if you didn't have a Day 1 edition. As an entire experience though, it was fine, if not a little disappointing coming off what is argued as one of the greatest games ever made.

From what people say they were mislead into believe the 1000 endings argument. I don’t remember but I thought peoples expectations were absurd also.

What annoys me is no one else has really tried to copy the idea. Not to the extent that bioware did it anyways.

Reactions: hsz
Back