• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening...like a can? That could be disgusting or kind of kinky. That dude doesn't work there anymore but like suggested before, take that shit to the War Room. We're here to discuss detonating Biotic combos, sleeping with alien babes or bros, and shooting people in the face.

Also rolled with Biotics for my first character, Crom Ryder. He looks like a douche of the highest order but he's got a face Cora won't be able to resist. Charge + Pull is an awesome combo and I can't wait to unlock more abilities.

<mma4>

I will not take it to the war room but I wont bring it up in here anymore

But to be clear I didn't say anything besides fuck bioware until you asked me about it so there wasn't anything to take to the war room until then

15 hours in and loving it.

As for the reverse gun held by Peebe, there was a fighter ship also shooting in reverse in the original trilogy lol. Its a classoc biowarr fuck up.

As for the reverse gun held by Peebe, there was a fighter ship also shooting in reverse in the original trilogy lol. Its a classoc biowarr fuck up.

When you are talking about a game of this size there are sure to be fuck ups

I was riding them pretty hard earlier and I kinda feel bad cause I usually give Bethesda a pass for things like this

I will eventually pick up this game to show my support of the series but I gotta wait for at least a 30% - 50% sale

yep 9 hours in and im not regretting it. Need to change my class and weapons up though and I cant figure out how to get sniper rifle but I dont want to stop playing

You cant make this shit up

h6eiv64ed1ly.png

Did anyone test this game?

She doesn't have Sara's grace.
tumblr_ohl5rqfodC1qj73soo1_250.gif

This game is a total trainwreck. The creepy faces can only be usurped by the infantile writing.

Couple of hours in so far. My take:

The Opening mission I found very bland and basic. I have to say it's by far the weakest one in the series so far. After that mission things do start to pick up though.

Pros:

- Very immersive experience so far. I love the views from the windows whether you're on your ship or the shuttle, it's nice to see the view while entering the atmosphere. The load times have been very brief so far, which is good.

- Jetpack has been fun so far. Makes you more agile & certain parts add more of a platforming element, which is a breath of fresh air.

- The level of exportation we all miss from the first game is back and improved upon.

- You have more control over what powers you can have. So if you want to add tactical cloak to a Biotics class, you can do so after enough experience.

Cons:

- Some minor animation issues as mentioned previously. Haven't had anything bad yet, but there was an odd one after entering the Nexus where Cora had her arms out for no reason.

- Combat. Like @76Knockout said, it's not as responsive as I was expecting. Though to be fair it's not designed to be a corridor shooter, and it definitely seems like Bioware wants you to move around while in combat. It just takes a while to adjust after the previous 2 games being so reliant on cover.

- Less control of your teammates. I don't mind the appearances but not being able to use their powers is lacking. During combat it feels more solo than in the past, where you could use teammates that could compliment your weaknesses.

So far after a few hours in my only issue has been with the opening mission. It's not great yet but it's enough for me to say it's good. Let's hope that momentum continues

Actually, I do have to add another con now and that's the saving, which is much more restrictive than it was in the previous games. If you're someone that likes to save every 3-5 minutes when you play RPG games, then you're outta luck here.

Question for those who are playing. Is Scott and Sara really the names of the Ryder twins? As in that's how they are referred to by other characters? Or can you change their first names?

Actually, I do have to add another con now and that's the saving, which is much more restrictive than it was in the previous games. If you're someone that likes to save every 3-5 minutes when you play RPG games, then you're outta luck here.

This was annoying. I save all the time. After the opening mission though it seems to have opened back up as far as saving goes I haven't had it stop me as much. I wonder if it's just around story missions or something.

Question for those who are playing. Is Scott and Sara really the names of the Ryder twins? As in that's how they are referred to by other characters? Or can you change their first names?

You can change the first name for your character as you are referred as Ryder, the game will not id you as whatever name you made or Scott.

This was annoying. I save all the time. After the opening mission though it seems to have opened back up as far as saving goes I haven't had it stop me as much. I wonder if it's just around story missions or something.
That's a relief. I'm extremely OCD with that stuff in RPG games. I need to be able to save every few minutes or I'll go crazy lol

or maybe because they made Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition.

Because 6 years ago they made a game that was only OK? And then 3 years ago they made a game that was really good and garnered mostly reviews of 8's and 9's?

Doubt it. Like I said. It's the "cool" thing to do on forums, and sheep gonna sheep.

Finally ran into Addison, and oh, man. The "face is tired" was the tip of the iceberg. The whole character is poorly thought at the and entire conversation is poorly written. Still, though, as far as the script goes that's the only thing I've run into so far that has me scratching my head. I don't have time to be poetic.

I don't quite understand the disparity of the graphical quality. I havent actually even run into any of the painful animations, but stuff like the Salarians look great whereas you look at the turian faces and they're pretty poor. It's odd is all.

Is the script DA2 bad? I can pull through if it's at least better.

i bet everyone is gonna play as a god damn biotic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back