• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mass Effect Andromeda **(Out March 21st)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for about an hour and had zero glitches. It's definitely Mass Effect so far. Liam is pretty chatty during the opening planet which is nice. I love in-mission squad banter. The jet pack is really fun and will make exploration a blast. I'm not happy with my aiming speed now so I'll have to adjust some things and find settings that work. I think the weight of characters feels a lot better than ME3. You're not simply a locomotive train anymore. While scanning might get tedious for some, I like it because Ryder always has some dialogue to add about what you scanned. I hope that keeps up throughout the game. The opening planet looks really nice, too.

Charge still kicks ass and has some cool looking effects added. Can't wait to play more tonight after work.

Now for the bad. The character creator SUCKS. I have no idea why they didn't use DA:I's creator because while it wasn't the best I've seen in a game, you could make a wide variety of faces. Here, you can only choose a preset and slightly modify some shapes and hair. No different eye shapes, brow shapes, lip shapes....none. What you see is what you get. The facial hair is godawful and limited to 7 or 8 options of which 4 or 5 options look like some WCW Monday Nitro jobber/nu metal bullshit. Also, whatever blemishes the preset has, you're stuck with. I made a guy who ended up having crow's feet whenever he made any sort of facial emotion. Kind of disappointing since Ryder is supposed to be early 20s but looks like late 30s with that. I'm really disappointed in it and it boggles my mind how out of touch Bioware was when it came to this. No one spoke and said, "hey guys, fucking thing sucks!" Lol. I may have to stick to the default Ryder but then you can't even modify him/her base model. Bummed. It might turn into helmets on all the time.

The RPS impressions...that writer said playing The Witcher 3 was like eating cardboard. He's very knowledgeable about rpgs but he's a bit of a curmudgeon.

Man I'm so torn on whether or not I should watch those playthroughs. I'm about to give in to temptation lol

Man I'm so torn on whether or not I should watch those playthroughs. I'm about to give in to temptation lol

Stay strong, brother. It's only a few more days until release and you only get one first playthrough.

It's almost done downloading. The wait is finally over...

relieved.gif

Game got itself sorted for some reason so I got some quality playtime. still hate the UI, but i'm getting used to the gameplay and the jet pack is pretty fun to use. Frostbite kills it again graphics wise it looks really nice, but some of the animations look really wonky and the NPCs look pretty bad.

Starting the trial now. Chose the Leader class, default appearances and Shep was male.

It took getting on the Nexus before I was all in. It's Mass Effect and it's great.

Stay strong, brother. It's only a few more days until release and you only get one first playthrough.

Yea that's why I can't watch these videos you only get one first play-through. It's like buying a brand new console/phone/any electronic. Only to come home and find out your wife already unpacked it and set it up for you. She's ruined the first time unboxing process forever, you'll never get that back.

Anyone know what time Origin unlocks games?

I havnt looked much into the game, but is anybody else getting the vibe that it isn't a storyline game like the Mass Effect Series?

It feels like it's a Mass Effect Sandbox, where the story is secondary but exploration and customization is the main focus.

Also the character design, seems much more Star Trekish...The Spaceships are hella white inside and even the characters look tall and lanky instead of the strong/bulky characters from Mass Effect.

mass-effect-shepard.jpg

latest

Most people in mass effect were thick,solid,tight...they had thick necks....the Characters in Andromeda have pencil necks and are small as fuck.

Dialogue-1024x576.png

Andromeda_Crew_Members_Mass_Effect.jpg

They are Pencil neck and small as fuck...Sorry, I don't like this.

sara-ryder-Copy.jpg

femshep-620x.jpg

Even the females look nerdy and goofy looking

Well I guess we kept our best and brightest to fight the reapers and were like you guys go on this pointless mission.

I thought I read somewhere that when you make you're character you're sister and father are supposed to kind of look like you but my sis was asian? also the character creator sucks.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that when you make you're character you're sister and brother are supposed to kind of look like you but my sis was asian? also the character creator sucks.

Yea apparently your twins. Maybe it's bugged?

Check google. People have had access.

Access to the first 10 hours not the entire game or half the game or even quarter.

People were putting out reviews of the the first mission for God's sake

Access to the first 10 hours not the entire game or half the game or even quarter.

People were putting out reviews of the the first mission for God's sake

lol to be fair the first mission in ME was enough to get me hooked. Oh well no listening to reviewers they are worthless.

Game feels a little rough around the edges, lots of small things here and there with animations, faces, NPCs, voices and lighting. Some weird control decisions as well like I push M to bring up the map I should just hit M again to close it but I have to hit ESC twice it doesnt make sense.

getting torn up everywhere Im reading about it. A not as good DAI clone in space is the feel

some comments

"They tried to ride on the success of previous installments but what they got is flop. It's not 2005 any more. Graphics 6/10, Logic(creativity) 5/10, Writing ?/10."

"More bad writing from Bioware. More bad writing in a AAA title.

Imaginative, thought provoking stories are the 21st century's most scarce resource. One would think Michael Bay's style-over-substance would be a cautionary tale for these studios, except that his inanities make money and that's really all they care about. So we get more loud and dumb.

Mass Effect has an entire universe to create with but we're guaranteed to get the usual 5 or 6 story lines: Corporate conspiracies/ Religious cults / LGBTQ pandering / Slavery & Specieism: Why racism is bad / Ethics of genetic maniplutaion, etc, etc... It's really getting boring."

- apparently the animations & character creation are pretty awful, poor ui & controls, story isnt good & very generic

- Will still give it a shot I guess but its not looking pretty, the gaming forum consensus is there are a ton of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back