Masakazu Imanari?

stl_81_99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've seen a few of this guy's MMA fights, and he seems to be an incredible grappler, particularly with leg locks. How good is he in pure grappling? Has he won any competitions or anything like that? Just curious that I haven't heard more about him in the grappling circuit.

He place 3rd or 2nd at a CSW ( Combat Submission Wrestling) Tournament . I believe he lost against Gomi, or was it Rumina I don't remember exactly. Grappling wise thats what I know so far.

He place 3rd or 2nd at a CSW ( Combat Submission Wrestling) Tournament . I believe he lost against Gomi, or was it Rumina I don't remember exactly. Grappling wise thats what I know so far.
He has lost twice in Combat Wrestling, once against Sato and another I can't remember.

Imanari is amazing to watch, I just rewatched Bushido 5 last week, the fight with Buscape is pretty entertaining.

i was thinking the same thing. IMO, i think his grappling style is better suited for MMA, because it a pure grappling match, you know what to expect whearas MMA, you can slip in strikes.
I have the same feelings about Nogueira's place in pure BJJ, he seems to be the master of it in MMA but as for pure grappling, he's no different then any other elite black belt.

he isn't in the elite in pure grappling but his style makes him a monster in mma. btw Nog was a beast in BJJ lost to the eventual champion in roletta in bjj

Back