Media Marvin Vettori on his loss to Israel Adesanya at UFC 263: "The Italian Dream is well and alive"

Costa will have to put the wine down and drop the pay drama before he is in the cage anytime soon.

I see Brunson or Till in his future.

Reactions: Gio
Vettori beats Till in a boring decision. Costa or Brunson would be better.

Let Vettori KO Rockhold.

I think this is actually a good return fight for Luke and a good match to bring Vettori's name back up. People would still anticipate Luke's return and I believe he's still a recognized name. Ranking wise it might make little sense, but it's gonna be a fun match up.

Feed Vettori to Weidman

I mean Chris is healing up fast like Wolverine but pretty sure it's gonna take up at least a year before he have a full recovery and get to fight shape. I like the Costa match up.

Yeah Vettori vs Costa would be entertaining. I'm all for it.

Let him destroy Costa. I still remember Costa Instagram posts after Izzy loss was hilarious

Let him destroy Costa. I still remember Costa Instagram posts after Izzy loss was hilarious

Yeah I'd for sure favor Vettori, Vettori has a granite chin, super durable and he would outlast Costa the longer the fight goes.

At least he isnt still claiming he won the fight.

What does he mean "some mistakes"?

Anyone whose strategy is to eat rotini, put on a mean face and try to hug their opponent's crotch for 25 minutes should retire
Maybe he's reflecting on the fight and getting izzys back and getting close ish to a rnc then failing to control the body. Pressuring him against the cage then opting to swing for the moving head instead of hitting the body. Taking him down and not doing much with it. Standing in kicking range for extended periods of time without mounting any offense.

He had a few brief moments of success but he'll need alot of work to give Izzy an actual run for his money.

Vettori fighting Costa or Rockhold on his return both sound superb to me.

That or the loser of Till/Brunson, I suppose. Plenty of valid options, MW has a lot of matchmaking options to go around at the top.

Vettori needs to change camp. This was the 3rd time his Gym (Kings MMA) had a shot at Israel and they failed. When you have all the wrong strategies being fed your performance will be bad.
He should go to Trevor Whitman/ AKA depending on what part of his skillset he wants to develop.

Maybe find a coach who has advice that is more than - double jab and shoot in. When he was clearly not getting Israel down. I'll say this though - Rafael was at least honest with him (in telling him that he was losing).

Everytime he got izzy to the fence he head hunted - meanwhile izzy's body was open for the rear kick and hooks which COULD have led to some success upstairs.

Back