• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I didn't like the portrayal of Danny at times. Seemed too childish/naive/much of an idiot at times. Plus why does ge got so angry and has zero control of his emotions after training exactly that for 15 years in a monastery. Maybe we'll find out when they tell us more about how he left Kung Lun. Also was waiting for more of a Defenders tease.

Still, overall I really liked the show. Give me more Marvel/Netflix
He has anger issues because K'un-Lun strongly believes in the ancient adage of "Conceal, Don't Feel".

The "cage fighting" with jay hieron was cheesy AF like the jet li cage fight vs tito ortiz in that movie forget the name. Tom pelphrey should be the best martial artist on his show because of all the fighting he did on banshee.

It's been a while so I may be wrong but aside from the scene with his brother, I don't remember him being in any other fight scenes.

Am I missing something? I thought the series was good. It's right behind Season 2 of DD in comparison..

I really enjoyed it too

But

The guy who plays Iron Fist was not suited for action scenes

Definitely the worst of all the Marvel shows. Started out well but got progressively worse.

I didn't like the portrayal of Danny at times. Seemed too childish/naive/much of an idiot at times. Plus why does ge got so angry and has zero control of his emotions after training exactly that for 15 years in a monastery. Maybe we'll find out when they tell us more about how he left Kung Lun. Also was waiting for more of a Defenders tease.

Still, overall I really liked the show. Give me more Marvel/Netflix
Exactly. He should have been more controlled, more calm. Definitely smarter

My biggest issue with the show is how Danny is portrayed. Finn just seems to be a pretty one dimensional actor. But maybe the directors just aren't able to pull out his full potential? Perhaps Finn is going for a more "innocent" portrayal of Rand, as he just got back to the real world. But Kun Lun would have washed away a lot of Danny's innocence. He definitely wasn't afraid to fuck though.

Still have to finish the last two episodes. I like it more than JJ, maybe tied with Luke, but DD is just S-tier. Especially season 2.

"Roy Thomas was Marvel's editor-in-chief when he co-created the character of Iron Fist in 1974 with Gil Kane. 'Don't these people have something better to do than to worry about the fact that Iron Fist isn't Oriental, or whatever word,' Thomas said in a recent interview with Inverse. 'I know Oriental isn't the right word now, either.'"

Ha! Ha! PC pussies:

a0cb17e26437c176d7563fe6b1a08f79.gif

David Wenham's brand of villainy was an absolute treat.

Lol @ Finn Jones quoting Teddy Roosevelt to defend his garbage performance

How did Oliver and the gang get Madam Gao from China to Wing's McDojo without getting any attention from the authorities?

*edit: Danny, my bad

It's strangely ironic and maddening that the best part of the entire show was the 1 minute long fight with the drunken master zhou cheng, played by Lewis tan, who was also up for the role of iron fist. I was all for keeping him white but Lewis would have been 100x better than gay ass loras. He's an actual martial artist, is in very good physical shape, & is a better actor. Damn shame
is there a youtube clip of this? not gonna watch a shitty series to find it, thanx

Is it me or the Netflix Marvel shows getting worse?
The first four episodes were slower but far better than the rest of the show and critics were wrong here, the standout moment being that drunk guy in front of the door fighting Ironfist.

Here ya go buddy

Fun fight scene but, goddamn do they make it obvious that it isn't Finn doing the stunts.

For a series about a martial artist, it had probably the most jank fight scenes out of all the Marvel series.

Arrow's fight choreography kicks its ass! Well, some of it, anyway.

Fun fight scene but, goddamn do they make it obvious that it isn't Finn doing the stunts.

For a series about a martial artist, it had probably the most jank fight scenes out of all the Marvel series.

Arrow's fight choreography kicks its ass! Well, some of it, anyway.
my vote is still for AoS, when they did a long 1 shot

It's amazing how she's graduated from just the girl wearing a nice red dress
tumblr_mudpjyfhrd1rlb6iho3_400.gif

my vote is still for AoS, when they did a long 1 shot

It's amazing how she's graduated from just the girl wearing a nice red dress
tumblr_mudpjyfhrd1rlb6iho3_400.gif

That was pretty cool, hadn't seen that before.

Just finished. I was on the verge of giving it a 7, but had to knock it down one for the ending. Not nearly as bad as the critics are saying, but not as good as the rest of the Marvel shows so far.

The "whitewashing" criticisms are bullshit (though I'll grant that some of the response from the creators/stars of the show has been less than graceful), but Finn Jones was just not very good. He was constantly overacting, and he really doesn't handle the fight scenes well.

Overall, I just wish the show would've embraced the whole campy 70s kung-fu flick thing more. The other Marvel shows have, for the most part, each had a very unique sense of style, but Iron Fist just didn't.

Is it me or the Netflix Marvel shows getting worse?
The first four episodes were slower but far better than the rest of the show and critics were wrong here, the standout moment being that drunk guy in front of the door fighting Ironfist.

The pay off is gonna be the Defenders series. I think all the stuff with the big corporations like Rand industries is gonna be what ties JJ, DD, Luke Cage and Iron Fist together and make them have to team up.

The Meachum family drama is more interesting that the damn Iron Fist.

The Rand and Wing actors aren't very good in their roles and bring the show down.

Back