Martinez vs Matthysse - Sparring

Awesome. My boy Matthysse putting in work.

Thats not the unorthodox footwork Im used to seeing from Sergio. Even still Matthysse was tagging him at will damn.

Looks like Martinez was having a tiny bit of trouble establishing punches on a shorter fighter. Could be a weakness.

Martinez wasn't exactly trying to hard if no one noticed.

Two of my favorite fighters. What a gem! Thanks for this.

I read somewhere that Martinez rarely ever spars. Matthysse was putting in work. I think that Martinez will always have trouble with pressure fighters that has the balls to exchange with him, which is why GGG has a good chance.

I read somewhere that Martinez rarely ever spars. Matthysse was putting in work. I think that Martinez will always have trouble with pressure fighters that has the balls to exchange with him, which is why GGG has a good chance.

That was also mentioned in the 24/7 of Chavez Jr vs Martinez that he does not spar all that much.

Nice but Martinez is holding back clearly because of the size

Martinez had knee surgery November 12. This sparring vid was uploaded December 17..... you'll have to excuse him for not looking like an ice cold killer.

Martinez had knee surgery November 12. This sparring vid was uploaded December 17..... you'll have to excuse him for not looking like an ice cold killer.

Plus, these guys were just giving each other work..

We all know both these dudes can go hard as hell if/when they need to.

But its always nice to see two top fighters sparring, even if they're just putting in light work.

Back