Marquez vs.....Danny Swift or Pacman V?

nastyleft

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seeing as though Jmm weighted in at 141.5 for this catchweight fight with Alvarado, and he looked like the legend he is tonight, who would you rather see him fight next?
Pacman at 147 or Danny Swift at 140.

Id personally prefer against Danny, cause its such an intriguing match-up and the trouble "Swift" had against Herrera. I think another Pacman fight still holds more risk for him (you just dont fight a world class guy five times and not expect to go through Hell); and to me its already overdone...What do you guys think?

Swift is with Golden Boy.

Or is he without contract, and simply represented by Haymon?

And is JMM still with TR? He used to be GBP, then back to TR? Tonight that Said Marquez Boxing or whatever during the ring announcements.

i really dont want to see jmm vs. pac again for the 5th time.

Pacquiao vs Marquez V reminds me of long ago when guys would fight each other five or even 12 times and people would pay to see it.

TBH, a fifth fight wouldn't bother me one bit. Though I'd like to see JMM counter Daniel Garcia all day long.

I would pay to see a fifth fight between Pac and JMM. All those fights were close as hell except the last one.

Garcia is out of the question. The only real fight is Pacquiao. It's a tad boring, but everyone who cares for boxing will watch. I'm leaning for Pacquiao for the first time ever. JMM declined a bit. Not crazily, but a bit.

Garcia is out of the question. The only real fight is Pacquiao. It's a tad boring, but everyone who cares for boxing will watch. I'm leaning for Pacquiao for the first time ever. JMM declined a bit. Not crazily, but a bit.

Although there is still some intrigue left to do a Pacquiao fight, honestly I think it would be much better for the sport and the division if they gave a shot to other top WW in the division. I think boxing needs to build up some new stars, and a Marquez fight vs a guy like Luis Carlos Abregu or Antonin D

Although there is still some intrigue left to do a Pacquiao fight, honestly I think it would be much better for the sport and the division if they gave a shot to other top WW in the division. I think boxing needs to build up some new stars, and a Marquez fight vs a guy like Luis Carlos Abregu or Antonin D

Yeah, and Marquez won't care at all. He won't accept any fight unless it's very profitable and marketable. Dinamita is smart. Pac 5 might happen, or he'll make his way out. Either way, Marquez is in charge, here. We don't have any role in this.

Yes, unfortunately that's true, and this is where I think the UFC model is superior to boxing. Promoters in boxing only care about making as much money as they can off the fighters they represent, even if the sport suffers because of it. Whereas the UFC can promote guys more heavily and wide ranging.

You would think that boxing could at the very least do a better job at building up personalities and marketing guys. I doubt very many Canadians know who Decarie is, but everyone there knows who GSP is. Granted GSP is a more accomplished guy, but boxing could at the very least attempt to create a cult following....look at Conor Mcgregor.

Anyhow, didn't Oscar offer Top Rank a chance to set up a potential match between Pacquiao and Canelo? Now that would be a fight to make.

Yes, unfortunately that's true, and this is where I think the UFC model is superior to boxing. Promoters in boxing only care about making as much money as they can off the fighters they represent, even if the sport suffers because of it. Whereas the UFC can promote guys more heavily and wide ranging.

You would think that boxing could at the very least do a better job at building up personalities and marketing guys. I doubt very many Canadians know who Decarie is, but everyone there knows who GSP is.

Anyhow, didn't Oscar offer Top Rank a chance to set up a potential match between Pacquiao and Canelo? Now that would be a fight to make.

Promoters are in the business to make money. They don't give two fucks about the sport if it doesn't benefit them. Easy. Quebec boxing fans know boxing. If you're new to Canada, I will instruct you that Canada and Quebec are very different, though, Quebec is the heart blood of boxing and combat sports. Montreal is happy and willing to host big fights at the Bell Centre. So, basically, easy and fuck off. Fuck off is harsh, but, just easy is the best way to go.

I guess the question is what is JMM sticking it out for at this point? He's had many lucrative fights at this point, and has his prized, hard sought win over Pac. Who's he hanging around to fight now? Because I'd advise him to hang em up while he looks like a guy who's on top.

I guess the question is what is JMM sticking it out for at this point? He's had many lucrative fights at this point, and has his prized, hard sought win over Pac. Who's he hanging around to fight now? Because I'd advise him to hang em up while he looks like a guy who's on top.

I hear you for sure, but probably hard not to want to drop a couple more top-shelf purses into the ol' bank account before riding off into the sunset, too.

Are people really this clueless? Garcia is a Haymon fighter and will be in the mix for a Floyd fight.

Back