Marlon Moraes makes $140,000 in win. Palhares 80k WSOF22 saleries

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Damn, wasn't expecting that.

Jason Floyd: Just received the WSOF 22 salaries from Nevada Athletic Commission. Marlon Moraes made $140,000 ($70,000 to sho, $70,000 to win)

Full list of salaries below
s such as insurance, licenses and taxes.

Rousimar Palhares: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus)
Jake Shields: $35,000
Marlon Moraes: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus)
Sheymon Moraes: $10,000
Clifford Starks: $20,000 (no win bonus)
Mike Kyle: $10,000
Islam Mamedov: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
Jimmy Spicuzza: $3,000
Abubakar Nurmagomedov: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
Jorge Moreno: $1,000
Jake Heun: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
Davin Clark: $3,000
Donovan Frelow: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
Carlos Garcia: $1,000
Marco Simmons: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Jimmy Jones: $1,000
Cory Hendricks: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Julio Hinojosa: $1,000
Gil Guardado: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Pete Martin: $1,000

Last edited:
Good to have your manager being in charge. Still he's been the face of WSOF since the start. Won't ever get much of a challenge. But hey, gets paid.

Some guys are cool being big fish in a small pond. Sucks for us as fans but can be good for the few that do it.

Plus real sponsor money compared to Reebok. Idk, if I were a fighter with a decent name I'd probably try to take my talents to WSOF or Bellator. It seems like there's just more earning potential there

Plus real sponsor money compared to Reebok. Idk, if I were a fighter with a decent name I'd probably try to take my talents to WSOF or Bellator. It seems like there's just more earning potential there

If he makes it out of WSOF theres no way he's making less than a 90k-100k base

Shields got 35k+ whatever sponsors want to pay for a WSOF event (considerably less than they used to pay for UFC fighters). I believe his contract is 35k to show and another 35K if he wins.

In UFC he was on 75k to show, 75k to win so more than double his potential WSOF earnings.

No way Moraes makes anything close to that in Bellator/UFC.

SHit, Bellator only gave Davis 70/70 and he's a LHW, a UFC fighter and a way bigger name, also around same ranking in his div as Moraes is in BW.

Thats more than Bellator champs make like Brooks, probably Pitbull, more than Halsey etc.

No chance in hell either org gives him that kind of money, Ali his manager hooked him up to keep him.

WOW Marlon is prob the highest paid BW in the world behind only TJ most likely

WOW Marlon is prob the highest paid BW in the world behind only TJ most likely

Faber makes more, not sure about Cruz, what his contract looks like now that he isnt champ he might not be getting PPV points.

But he's def one of the highest paid for sure which is why he was in no rush to leave.

More money and easier competition.

Did the commission release Palhares' win bonus?

I know yesterday Ali said they withheld it.

Oh, now I get why Marlon would want to stay in the WSOF. No way the UFC would pay him that kind of money if he came over.

Damn, wasn't expecting that.

Jason Floyd: Just received the WSOF 22 salaries from Nevada Athletic Commission. Marlon Moraes made $140,000 ($70,000 to sho, $70,000 to win)

Full list of salaries below
s such as insurance, licenses and taxes.

Rousimar Palhares: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus)
Jake Shields: $35,000
Marlon Moraes: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus)
Sheymon Moraes: $10,000
Clifford Starks: $20,000 (no win bonus)
Mike Kyle: $10,000
Islam Mamedov: $8,000 (includes $4,000 win bonus)
Jimmy Spicuzza: $3,000
Abubakar Nurmagomedov: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
Jorge Moreno: $1,000
Jake Heun: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
Davin Clark: $3,000
Donovan Frelow: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus)
Carlos Garcia: $1,000
Marco Simmons: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Jimmy Jones: $1,000
Cory Hendricks: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Julio Hinojosa: $1,000
Gil Guardado: $2,000 (includes $1,000 win bonus)
Pete Martin: $1,000

Too much to pay a guy like Moraes. Don't think they'll stick around much longer.

Guy is making bank, taking care of your wife and kid more important than being in DA YOO EFF CEE.

Doesn't hurt being one of the best BWs in the world beating on lesser comp whilst doing it either.

Good for Moraes. I was disappointed he wouldn't jump ship but I can't blame him if he got a contract like that from them. However if he does choose to leave he might have a hard time getting any promotion to pay him in that ballpark.

They should take half of Moraes' salary and split it up amongst the lower card guys. $1000/$1000 show/win paydays in 2015? GTFO WSOF. More pathetic than the "investigating Palhares footage" stunt.

They should take half of Moraes' salary and split it up amongst the lower card guys. $1000/$1000 show/win paydays in 2015? GTFO WSOF. More pathetic than the "investigating Palhares footage" stunt.

Bellator is doing it now and Strikeforce was doing it before Zuffa bought them. MMA is a hard game to make money in and it's not like they are paying below the rate if anyone else booking these guys.

Classic "Big fish in little pond". He's a solid fighter, but very good chance he is a mid level guy in the UFC and never gets even to 30/30 there.

Good for him. He shouldn't leave as long as he is getting paid that much. WSOF is so small and unknown, no way the UFC ever offers him a "Eddie Alvarez" type deal to lure him away, so we can expect him to be in WSOF until it folds.

damn moraes is making bank, also doesn't include his sponsorship money. Seems hes in the same boat as guys like Mamed K, Shinya Aoki, and Bibiano Fer by Making good money in leser known promotions so why risk going to the ufc and give up a solid living.

Surprising thing is he signed with WSOF with a 7-4-1 record. Which for a prospect isn't exactly stellar. He must have had some good escalator clauses in his contract and WSOF betted in the back of there minds he isn't going to rattle off 8 wins in a row or whatever and did the deal. Boy on some level they must regret that one.

Good job for Moraes to bet on himself.

Back