Mark Hunt fighting at UFC 193

hunts gas tank actually seems extraordinary given his build. built like that i'd guess he'd be done for like half way through rd 1.

Define "pathetic." He's been in numerous five round wars. Tone down the criticism, dipshit.

His cardio in his last fight was nothing short of pathetic. I'm a hunt fan through and through, but it is hard to look past the fact he was tired in the second half of the first round. It was pretty embarrasing.

Mark Hunt should fight maybe Matt Mitrione or Shawn Jordan. Of course a rematch with Cro Cop would also make sense since their last fight was a split decision.

What about Mitrione?

Or Oliynyk?

Just because you make it to the later rounds doesn't mean you have a good gas tank. Mark's gas tank is "pathetic". It's a night and day difference when he's out the first rd. His hands start dropping and gets very lazy noticeably beyond 1st rd. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell you.

And yet he's managed to scramble out of full mount and break submission attempts with guys like Struve and Bigfoot, who are not incompetent on the ground by any means, and has continued to pummel his opponents into the fifth round. You want to make this a discussion of someone's lacking perception, but all I'm seeing is keyboard warrior chump talk.

His cardio in his last fight was nothing short of pathetic. I'm a hunt fan through and through, but it is hard to look past the fact he was tired in the second half of the first round. It was pretty embarrasing.

I can't even sort the order off the top of my head.. Miocic? That was awful, and in some ways his worst showing in the UFC, but taking the latter half of his career as a whole, I've been shockingly impressed by his cardio more often than I've found cause for criticism.

We'll see if he bounces back in his next fight.

It's definitely a tough fight when you go into a striking match with Hunt. Mainly because he hits hard and has a super chin but with that being said if it's a 5 rd fight Mirko has a solid chance winning this. Hunt's gas tank is pathetic and Mirko can grind this one out but it's still a tough one because it's striker vs striker

You're right in saying it's a 'striker vs. striker,' but Mirko does go for TD's every now and then.

It would be smart if he did go for some TD's, just to keep Hunt thinking and make him worry for more than just the striking. The problem is, I don't think Mirko's TD's are good enough to get Hunt down. Hunt's TDD has improved a lot over the years and he has that uppercut, he times it very well.

Hunt's gas tank is pretty bad, like you said. But, I don't think Mirko's gas tank is anything special, either. It's better than Hunt's, but it really depends on how Mirko approaches the fight.

If Mirko plays his cards right and does more than just strike, make it so Hunt has more to worry about instead of just the striking, Mirko could have a lot of success. If he can come in with the right gameplan and make Hunt tire out first, I believe Mirko can definitely take the fight.

The problem is Mirko's chin is not all that great, especially today - and Hunt's chin is, of course, a million times better. I do think that Hunt's chin is not as good as it used to be a few years ago, so if Mirko were to land that LHK, I don't see Hunt taking it like he did before. But, I don't know if Mirko can land that kick against Hunt these days. He has improved a lot since he did in Pride and everything and Mirko is so far out of his prime to the point it's kind of saddening.

The way Gonzaga gave Mirko a very difficult fight in the rematch, that kind of scares me. I'm scared that Hunt will just have his way.

I'm definitely going to be cheering for Mirko, as I always do. I hate seeing him lose. I really hate seeing Mirko lose.

I hope he has a lot of success in this run in the UFC. If Mirko can get just one more LHK knockout, I'll be happy. That's all I want to see and for him to do it to Hunt would be like a dream come true for me, as well as all the other big Cro Cop fans out there.

I think he's probably going to fight Gabriel Gonzaga or Matt Mitrione.

You had me at Mark Hunt fighting. Good to hear. I'm cool with anyone who wants to fight him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back