Mark Bocek slams WMMA: If a girl has some cool bikini shots she can get into the UFC

B isnt likely so they should just do whatever PEDs they need to accomplish A if their natural ceiling has already been reached or go route C and rack up some exciting wins over there (and hope their lawyer read their contract well).

Bocek should have gone over to Bellator and beat up on that Shlemenko dude, then he could have come back and demanded more money.

Based Bocek is dropping truth bombs.

exactly, the fact that he's salty is honestly beside the point right now, it's a pro fighter talking about this sport and business that a lot of people already think but don't say in public...

exactly, the fact that he's salty is honestly beside the point right now, it's a pro fighter talking about this sport and business that a lot of people already think but don't say in public...

shit that he has more insight on than most of the neckbeards here on sherdog. but people are gonna say hes a bitter journeyman who should just leave the sport and shut up.

shit that he has more insight on than most of the neckbeards here on sherdog. but people are gonna say hes a bitter journeyman who should just leave the sport and shut up.

people can't see the forest for the trees...also people love to shit on others...

Well his wrong, just look at the past few fights they are on the fightpass prelim not even on the undercard and if that girl is fighting ronda ofcourse she would be co main eventing how can they put ronda on prelim?

not all women fighters are Ronda rousey. see: bayzler vs correia

His comments about WMMA aren't any more insightful than the stuff you read on this forum.

Its just easier to look at herrig, tate, zingano, or other hot chicks.

My impression as well. Too bad, he was not a bad fighter. His losses are all to good fighters (Frankie Edgar!). He should accept what he was able to accomplish and reconcile himself to any manner in which he fell short of his expectations. Firing off cheap shots with a scatter gun just leaves a bad taste int he mouth.

ufc83_danzig_vs_bocek.jpg

Mac-Danzig-vs-Mark-Bocek-mma-1121329_520_287.jpg

Danzig.jpg

After dismantling Bocek, Danzig goes 3-8 and retires from the sport.

So Bocek is mad that the UFC is trying to promote a fairly new division of fighters that happen to be women? Oh man. Sorry Bocek, you didn't have the wins or style to make yourself known. Don't be booty tickled that women fighters are garnering more attention than you.

Since when did Bocek became a ufc critic ? Lol come on Mark, dont the burn the bridge eh

Whose also a batter athlete than every WMMA fighter - yes, every single WMMA fighter out there. This brings to mind the adage "Truth is truth independent of whoever says it".
Tank Abbott could have KOd a prime GSP in seconds. So could the vast majority of current heavyweights (even mediocre ones like Schaub). Yet I don't see anybody using that as proof that GSP sucks.

people can't see the forest for the trees...also people love to shit on others...

Yea sherdog has a problem with that. A lot of mma fans aren't smart. I already knew 90% of comments would just be dudes bashing Bocek.

Last edited:
Yeah and if you have big muscles and you've crushed a few cans on the regional circuit you can be a UFC HW. WTF is Bocek's point? That the UFC is a business and sometimes money trumps skill? Welcome to the world Mark.

I'm still a big fan of Bocek but he's just whining here. It is sad that the UFC doesn't make superstars out of mid-sized submission grapplers. I hate it too. That's life.

Whose also a batter athlete than every WMMA fighter - yes, every single WMMA fighter out there. This brings to mind the adage "Truth is truth independent of whoever says it".
Since when does this Fabio Maldonado loving forum care about athleticism? Funny how you guys cream your pants over that sloppy shit but when a chick does it it's a disgrace to the UFC.

I find it amusing that all the butthurt people in this thread are attacking Bocek's career rather than address the points that he made. Basically that means that people either agree with Bocek, or are upset by what he is saying but deep down know that his right.

UFC should buy Invicta and put all their female fighters there. That way they can have a bigger roster and people who actually care about WMMA can watch those cards. That said, the WMMA fights on UFC cards are a good time to take a smoke break or grab something to eat.

I find it amusing that all the butthurt people in this thread are attacking Bocek's career rather than address the points that he made. Basically that means that people either agree with Bocek, or are upset by what he is saying but deep down know that his right.

UFC should buy Invicta and put all their female fighters there. That way they can have a bigger roster and people who actually care about WMMA can watch those cards. That said, the WMMA fights on UFC cards are a good time to take a smoke break or grab something to eat.
Yea they should cut WMMA and sign more fighters from TUF Brazil and China whose name I can't pronounce or even care to know how to because they will be cut within two fights. All these goddamn women are preventing me from seeing another 100 irrelevant fighters at welterweight.

Back