Mario Yamasaki terrible ref

MrHoost**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Twice he broke up the fight in the Maldonado vs. Beltran fight.

First time he broke for a low punch when Beltran had Maldonado on the fence. Then restarted them in the centre.

Second time Beltran had Maldonado on the fence and Beltran unloaded a nice combo Maldonado spat out his mouth piece and again Yamasaki retarted them in the middle.

On both occasions the fight should have been restarted in the same position, especially the second it was just incompetent reffing. First time people might think fair enough because it was for a warning against Beltran but its not the case, ref must follow the rules not dole what ever they reckon is fair.

I dont think Yamasaki deliberately does it, I just think the guy is basically dumb as a rock and cant think on his feet which is the last type of person who should be reffing fights.

Yamasaki needs to go.

Twice he broke up the fight in the Maldonado vs. Beltran fight.

First time he broke for a low punch when Beltran had Maldonado on the fence. Then restarted them in the centre.

Second time Beltran had Maldonado on the fence and Beltran unloaded a nice combo Maldonado spat out his mouth piece and again Yamasaki retarted them in the middle.

On both occasions the fight should have been restarted in the same position, especially the second it was just incompetent reffing. First time people might think fair enough because it was for a warning against Beltran but its not the case, ref must follow the rules not dole what ever they reckon is fair.

I dont think Yamasaki deliberately does it, I just think the guy is basically dumb as a rock and cant think on his feet which is the last type of person who should be reffing fights.

Yamasaki needs to go.

I don't ever remember a fight restarting up against the cage after a low blow, and i thought they both lost their mouth pieces the second time but I will have to re watch

I don't ever remember a fight restarting up against the cage after a low blow, and i thought they both lost their mouth pieces the second time but I will have to re watch

I remember some restarts where they put them back clinching near the fence. Should always be the case for equipment relate breaks, cutting tape off gloves, mouthgaurds, etc

Basically if you are a striker and a grappler has you pinned against the cage and Mario is reffing, just spit your mouth guard and you get restart in the centre of the cage.

Yamasaki is not nearly as bad as Lavigne or Mazzagatti.

That fucking heart sign he does before each fight is enough to make me dislike him. What's up with these signs referees are doing, it's borderline retarded.

I actually think Mario is one of the better refs. He screws up way less than others anyway.

Yamasaki's judging is better than Miragliotta's, Mazzagati's and Lavigne combine!

Back