Marcus Vinicius, your thoughts?

Chinaboxer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts good or bad on Marcus Vinicius? I'm thinking of checking out his school next week.

Marcus Vinicius:

Roman consul. In 33 CE he married Julia Livilla. His family came from a small town outside Rome. He descended from a family of equestrians (eques) and his father and grandfather were consuls. He was mild in character and an elaborate orator. Vinicius was appointed by Tiberius as a commissioner in early 37. He was also consul in 30 and proconsul of Asia in 38/39.

I would definitely check out his school.

Marcus Vinicius:

Roman consul. In 33 CE he married Julia Livilla. His family came from a small town outside Rome. He descended from a family of equestrians (eques) and his father and grandfather were consuls. He was mild in character and an elaborate orator. Vinicius was appointed by Tiberius as a commissioner in early 37. He was also consul in 30 and proconsul of Asia in 38/39.

Google huh?

If your in the area and you can afford it, its a great school. He's an amazing teacher and there are quality guys there

See Genki Sudo Thread.

Genki is Marcus' brown belt.

BHJJC is a great club, and I've heard nothing but good about Vinicius. we share a common teacher in my old instructor

Marcus Vinicius:

Isabelle Pafford's podcasts on Roman history are awesome: Suetonius is also a good read on the classical history side of things.

Marcus Vinicius:

Post of the week.

Over the years in the BJJ community and on the web, my general impression is that Beverly Hills JJ under him isn't the best. I've not trained there, but know someone that did and he compared it unfavorably with some of the other schools in west LA. I rarely see anyone from that school compete in the big tournaments, but maybe they keep a really low profile.

Back