Marcos Rogerio Lima vs Clint Hester at Ufc 197

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Good fight, once upon a time Lima was considered the best lhw prospect in the sport.

Marcon Rogerio de Lima is very one-dimensional and poor-minded as we saw in his fight against Krylov, but he's explosive and powerful. If Hester gets into a brawl with him or shoots a sloppy TD, he may get caught. Otherwise, Clint Hester by TKO round 2.

Interesting....so Hester's moving up?
He was a big-ish MW I guess, maybe the cut is getting too much. Lima definitely fought at MW in the past so I thought he'd maybe be moving down.

Good fight, once upon a time Lima was considered the best lhw prospect in the sport.

The fight has the potential to be damn good, that's for sure. I've got a feeling Hester's gonna try to LnP like a boss for this fight, though.

But when exactly was Pezao ever considered anything more than a decent prospect? The most notable win of his career that I can recall is Pokrajac. He beat Filho post-meltdown, too.

Mike Kyle beat him not long after that too.

The Headbusser. I wondered what happened to him....honestly I didn't, I forgot he was part of the roster.

The fight has the potential to be damn good, that's for sure. I've got a feeling Hester's gonna try to LnP like a boss for this fight, though.

But when exactly was Pezao ever considered anything more than a decent prospect? The most notable win of his career that I can recall is Pokrajac. He beat Filho post-meltdown, too.

Mike Kyle beat him not long after that too.

Right before Strikeforce signed him. Around the time Papy Abedi was considered one too lol

Right before Strikeforce signed him. Around the time Papy Abedi was considered one too lol

Well, did you see Papy's pecs? And those abs? That explosive complexion?!?! How could you not believe that he was an up-and-comer in any division he chose? The fact that he couldn't fight should have been irrelevant. NFL-level football player physique = cleans out MMA in a year.

Well, did you see Papy's pecs? And those abs? That explosive complexion?!?! How could you not believe that he was an up-and-comer in any division he chose? The fact that he couldn't fight should have been irrelevant. NFL-level football player physique = cleans out MMA in a year.

Lmao half of sherdog picking him against Alves was a big wtf moment for me

Lmao half of sherdog picking him against Alves was a big wtf moment for me

To this day, I have no idea how he even got into the UFC, let alone earned a shot against a proven stud like Thiago. Why anyone thought a mediocre judoka with limited striking and a weak chin would be elite or anything more than cannon fodder for the monsters at WW I'll never know.

Oh yeah, I forgot, explosive abs!!!

Tough matchup for Hester in his 205 debut imo. He tends to get sloppy and Lima is a good striker.

Back