News Marcos Maidana Says He is No Longer Coming Back To Boxing

Good call, IMO.

Right move then

Must mean his financials are in order. Good to hear

Lost the hunger eh? I have a hard time believeing that

8I7cckMOxoIzmzfs52-8YK7Ji83x1cz8WjlNj0Jnk1k.jpg

Great to hear he's in a position to turn down that kind of money. Looks like he really put that Mayweather money to good use.

Boxing is not a sport for those who aren't 100% in, we all know that.

Lol, just noticed his comeback would have been att 160! Could you imagine him at even 154 vs a monster like Hurd? Him vs Mungia would have been a lot of fun tho, since Mungia has pretty much zero defense.

Glad he didnt NEED the money. But I heard reports he had already lost 20-30 pounds. If nothing else, hope he got his health a bit back in order.

Good choice, he would’ve been killed at 160 after 4 years out and over extra 100lbs.

Once Chino heard the checks weren't gonna be made out of ricotta he decided to go back to retirement.

Good for him. He's obviously not financially desperate. At least he got himself healthy again from the training.

Maidana was always going 5o be the sort of fighter that demands more from his body in training than pure boxers. Age is also never on the side of this type of fighter. He had a good run of wins and gave Floyd one of his harder fights, some seeing it as a draw.

Maidana made the right call to stay away

Back